Study, Aug/18: Overview of Prescription Opioid Deaths --Oklahoma State Medicaid

[La...]

The full title of this American study is "Overview of Prescription Opioid Deaths in the Oklahoma State Medicaid Population, 2012-2016".

"RESULTS:  Of 639 members with fatal unintentional prescription opioid overdoses, 321 had ≥1 opioid prescription claim in the year before death; these were matched to 963 controls. Compared with controls, decedents had significantly greater proportions of nonopioid substance use disorders, opioid abuse/dependence, hepatitis, gastrointestinal bleeding, trauma not involving motor vehicle accidents, nonopioid poisonings, and mental illness disorders. Decedents had significantly higher daily morphine milligram equivalent doses (67.2±74.4 vs. 47.2±50.9 mg) and greater opioid/benzodiazepine overlap (70.4% vs. 35.9%). Benzodiazepines were involved in 29.3% of deaths."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29995696 

Lapis2,

I almost don't want to hear the answer but since your medication and dosing is similar to mine and it has been so long since your last dose: Did you have muscle aches and if so, when did they leave?  I still have other symptoms (dizziness like on a boat) but this keeps coming back in waves.  THanks for being honest.

Any articles on Prozac? I can't even imagine starting that taper but the more information the better.

THANK YOU!

Hi LeslieJ,

Yes, lots of muscle aches, but I would have to blame that on the dizziness and a couple of severe foot issues. Dizziness makes my muscles work overtime, as do the ongoing foot problems. And yes, I do have articles on Prozac! It, too, can have a withdrawal syndrome, but of course, everyone is different in terms of how they go through these things. It's best to just plow on ahead and hope for it all to go well. If we focus too much on how others fared, it can cloud our thinking. Genetics play a role in all of this, as do other health issues and concurrent meds and....

Really, please keep in mind that we're all different.