Omeprazole

[be...]

It gave me a lot of anxiety and I felt very ill on it.  I haven't heard a lot of other people complaining about it, so maybe it was just me. 

Anyone take it for acid?  I’ve taken a half tab for years. Any effect on recovery? I could probably stop it.

There could be a link between long-term use of omeprazole and dementia, according to this article. Besides all the other, not so funny, results of a long-term use. Like hypocalcemia, hypomagnesemia, etc. They advise to taper it. I’ve been taking 20 mg for dyspepsia for a long time. Just decreased to 10 mg and hope to maybe stop it in the future. I need to avoid certain foods, that’s all.

I am on it for some acid issues, I have many symptoms but can't really attribute them to it; like any drug the less you take the better. I wish I never tried it and just raised my bed and stopped eating 3 hours before bed; that seems to help more than the drug. I am very scared about the dementia but I tried quitting and it didn't go well.

Hello there,

I was prescribed with Omeprazole but couldn't continue taking it because it made me very sleepy...

As I asked the MD (and also searched in Internet -as we all do LOL) he said that there is a bad interaction with that drug and the benzos, specially with Diazepam (Lorazepam and Oxazepam are not that toxic)

Please ask for a professional advise.

Take care!