Bad wave out of the blue trying to figure out cause

[Ru...]

Hi everyone

I am about 2.5 years benzo free.  Symptoms have been manageable until I hit a wave a few days ago.  Pounding electric shocks in my head all day long, serious fatigue, low grade fever, and generally just feel unwell.  Before this wave it had been years since I had any pain at this level.  I think after taking antibiotics for a staph infection was the previous reason i had a bad wave.

So Im trying to figure out the cause of this one.  The only things that have changed in my lifestyle recently is that about a week before this wave hit I stopped taking zyrtec which I had been taking every day for the last year.  Also the day before this current wave hit I rubbed a fairly large amount of neosporin on my arms after they got pretty mangled doing some work.  Ive never had problems with neosporin before but ive also never used that much.  I know it is an antibiotic so I feel like that was a mistake.  If anyone has any thoughts on this id love to hear them.  Cheers

Russell

Russel,

It is absolutely crazy what can cause a set back and I really appreciate you taking the time to explain your situation... yes, I bet the neosporin has at least contributed to your setback as you suspect.  And of course it could be a combination of going of Zyrtec too.  Sorry I am not helpful in determining the exact cause but the important thing is that you recognize the factors that could have potentially caused this and now you can avoid them.  Check out this link to see all the interactions as there are some warnings about benzos

https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/escitalopram.html

If a cleaning product can send me to bed with shocks then I guess we need to be careful about any chemical, drug, or even some foods (meat for me).