Benzodiazepine Taper

[Pi...]

I am currently taking 0.5 mg clonazepam twice daily , sometimes 3 times. I have been taking them for approximately 5 years. When I try not to take them , I have severe anxiety and muscle pain.  These drugs have changed my life and personality, and although I don’t feel they are working any more, I still seem to need them . I would like to get off this drug, and feel normal again.

Hello Pink Panther :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies!

We are glad you joined our community, you will get plenty of support here. I am pleased you have decided to taper off these drugs, you are making a great decision for your future!  Withdrawal is not easy but its worth it!  The rule of thumb is to reduce the daily dose by somewhere between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days, you can go a little slower than this.  Listen to your body, whatever feels comfortable, the aim is to try to keep symptoms manageable.

I would suggest that you familiarise yourself with the Ashton Manual, It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  It provides Tapering and withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

You will find some very valuable support and information on the forum.  Our members are happy to share their personal experiences with you and support you.. Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Support

General Taper Plans

When you can, please add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  ”Create a signature”

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Well Hi Pink Panther,

You're posts are going to be very interesting to me. My clonzepam dosage is 0.5mg @x/day as well. I'm in a holding pattern right now because I've only recently started tapering the diazepam this month. I may have gone about it the wrong way round (typical for me). Please take good notes; so when I get this straightened out I can pick your brain.

It seems I'll be around for quite a while, I didn't know following the doctors' orders for 17+ yrs. were going to be not the best thing to do.

Til be cross paths again peace and hope to you,  :thumbsup:

Eutychus