Overbreathing

[Re...]

Hello everyone! I'm a new member and glad to be here. The most desperate part of anxiety to me is overbreathing, as I get real anxious and desperate when I can't breathe deeply. I know such has its normal cycle, but I can't control the feeling and it gets worst and worst. Taking benzos eases that right away, but I don't want to live like this. Any suggestions, please?

I noticed, that tense muscles in the chest, caused overbreathing. They'll get better, if I'm on my back, and try to relax with slow breathing exercises. At the same time, I put my hand on my chest. Very careful massage. Then mindfulness, and mantra, that feels good.

Overbreathing is very unpleasant. But, it will be a bit better, if the muscles in the chest, are relaxed. I hope, you feel better soon!  :)

This is a very common problem during an anxiety attack. Many people find that controlled breathing exercises are the best way to overcome this issue. Breathe in for a count of 5, hold for a count of 5, then SLOWLY exhale for as long as you can counting all the time. Repeat until you are calmer.