4 Months off of Ativan after 15 years

[Ov...]

I've been taking Ativan for 15 years due to an anxiety disorder that did not respond to SSRIs.  My Psychiatrist wanted me to wean off of Ativan after receiving a call from the DEA that he hadn't seen me within 6 months.  He tried to do a fast taper, yet that put me in severe anxiety.  Then I did a much slower taper, although that still took 7 months to complete my taper in March.

I felt OK from December through June of this year, and then several stressful situations caused my anxiety to return in a huge fashion 24/7.

I read this forum all through my taper, but I did not post, I'm not certain why.  I just know that this forum was very helpful during my taper.

Hello OvercomeAnxiety :hug: Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We are glad you joined.  You are still healing, so don’t worry, it will turn around again.  Stress is our enemy,  although  we try to avoid it, sometimes it’s just impossible.  Sometimes the symptoms can be so intense you feel you are right back at the beginning. Setbacks are a normal part of recovery. Hang in there, you will come through this.

I am so pleased that BB was helpful during your taper.  You are probably already familiar with the Ashton Manual It truly is a great resource on these types of medications and their effect on our body.  We have a great community here,  our members are a caring bunch of people and will give support and sound advice. Feel free to check out the forum and post to any of our dedicated threads.

Here is a link to the manual: Professor Ashtons Manual

Here is a link to our Post withdrawal recovery support.

We do have a dedicated board dealing with anxiety issues, I'll give you a link to it so you can connect with others who can offer some ideas and help.

Anxiety

When you have a chance please write a signature line that will appear at the bottom of each post, describing your medication history. Here are the directions to do that: Create a signature

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Thank you so much, magrita!

I appreciate the introduction.

Yes, I had some deaths in the family, my husband asked for a divorce and several kitty vet emergencies.  It all piled up so quickly.  I will read the Anxiety forum, thanks!