OMG! 5 mg valium,ended up in detox ER, full psychosis

[Ma...]

Just stayed a 5mg V, 1ml liquid am, 4mg tablets pm hold when I wasn't sleeping well anymore.  Started what I think we're Windows and waves last Week.  I would have short period of lucidity where I would make sense, followed by a period of total psychotic behavior.  This would alternate one way and then another.  I was in the shower, perfectly lucid, when I went into a period of mental confusion.  I thought the shower head was broke, so I then proceeded to go into the kitchen and give myself a sponge bath with a hand towel in the sink.  I did not realize I was getting water all over the floor.  I cried up, went to bed, where I had increasingly longer periods of lucidity, followed by alternating period of mental confusion, negative thinking, and extreme anxiety.  Then, an intense feeling of calm spread over my entire body, which went on for about 15 minutes.  I then went into COMPLETE confusion and withdrawal, feeling like my spine was on fire.  My husband did not know what to do, so dialed 911. An ambulance was sent to the house. The EMT  personnel strapped me into a stretcher, because the found me trying to put underwear over pajamas.  They had to travel by not using the thruway, from our suburban home to the Erie County Medical Center Psychiatric ER, in Buffalo, NY, in the hardest part of an urban rustbelt  area. When I got there, I was in a deep psychotic state, seeing things that were not there.  They then injected me with 2 mg Ativan.  In the AM, I was taken off all meds accept Cymbalta. I was kept on a regular medical floor, when the doctors and shrinks decided I was never in withdrawal. My husband called for my adult son, by the way my husband is 70 and I am 66. My son arrived with his wife, a RN, to find my husband in tears.  Long story short, they kept me for 4 days for observation, and sent me home with instructions to stop all benzos. My husband agreed with them, and got rid of all the pills, about a months supply. I can not drive, and in New York State K can not get a refill from a pharmacy and the shrink until July 31.

I am now experiencing body twitches, chills, nausea, and the inability to eat much at all. I am trapped!!! Any thoughts?