Emotionless/Anhedonic almost 19 months after quitting cold turkey

[be...]

Has anyone here been fully emotionally numb but later gained all their emotions back? If so, how long did it take before you started to get emotions back?  I've been emotionless/anhedonic for almost 19 months now after going cold turkey from Benzos/ Phenibut.All my other symptoms have improved a lot over time but the anhedonia/emotional numbness is the one thing that hasn't improved. I'm starting to feel like I'm going crazy, I just feel like an emotionless zombie that can't relate with people anymore since I can't feel an emotional connection towards anyone or anything. 

You CT from an astronomical dose, I can't even begin to fathom what you have gone through; things take time and many people feel a big difference at the 2 year mark. Lookup the success story by Lostdog. It's everything.

I have been benzo free for almost 3 years now. Like you I quit cold turkey off Xanax, among other benzo drugs. The withdrawal and years to follow were hell. Though like you one of my remaining symptoms are fibro-like pain all over my upper back and shoulders, occasional heart (racing, palps) issues and the dang emotionally blunt feeling. If I won the lotto or lost my dog the reaction would be the same. I do not get very angry nor do I get very happy. I do not get depressed though I do not feel great joy. I am in limbo, purgatory of emotion. I will tell you it is coming back. I was watching a chick-flick with my fiancé the other night and out of nowhere started to cry, it was confusing as I had never done that prior to quitting benzos. I think it will come back, though this one is going to take some time. Guess we will have to fake it until we make it  :laugh:

Thanks for replying to my post FlordiaBlue and Ethan-H212. Ethan-H212 I totally agree with you, things do take time but the annoying part is waiting for the time to pass. I have to learn to be more patient and find ways to distract myself. I hope things do get better by the 2 year mark and thanks for recommending Lostdog success story, I will make sure to check it out.

FloridaBlue, when you cried during the chick-flick did you feel emotion/deep sadness while crying or did you feel no emotion while you cried? Certain things can make me tear up and cry but there is no emotion behind it when I do cry/tear up. Its almost as if its just a natural reaction sometimes when I see something that I use to find sad. Also, over the 3 years you have been off benzos have you had any windows where all your emotions would come back? I had one window over the last 19 months but during the window I felt a sense of joy but no other emotions. Anhedonia really does feel like purgatory of emotion, I hope you recover fully from it soon.