Article about Levaquin antibiotics and it's effects on mental health

[id...]

Fluoroquinolone antibiotics compete with benzos for GABA receptors. Meaning that if you take benzos and fluoroquinolones together you might experience acute withdrawal as if you went off of benzos cold turkey.

"Drug maker stopped making popular antibiotic Levaquin amid concerns about mental health side effects"

"On July 10, 2018, the FDA responded with a safety announcement in which it called for label changes on fluoroquinolones including more prominent and consistent warnings for mental health side effects."

"The mental health side effects, according to the FDA, include disturbances in attention, disorientation, agitation, nervousness, memory impairment, serious disturbances in mental abilities, and delirium."

“I personally believe there is a never a reason for doctors not to listen to patients and with this labeling, there is no longer a viable excuse to ignore patient complaints associated with fluoroquinolones. The key here is ending the degradation that patients must go through when they believe they have had an adverse effect from these drugs.”

https://www.theindychannel.com/news/call-6-investigators/drug-maker-stopped-making-popular-antibiotic-levaquin-amid-concerns-about-mental-health-side-effects

• 2 weeks later...
this was always my choice antibiotic when i had ear and sinus infection  the first day my anxiety would be horrible but as the days went on it got better and i started to feel better  i even have a 7 day scrip in my closet from last summer  !

Please do not take this if you are recovering from Benzos.  >:( It almost ended me a month ago. Besides going into WD and having serious nerve damage there is a far worse side effect that I cannot mention here due to our rules. Its very real and extremely dangerous to be alone after taking these antibiotics. I cannot urge people enough to heed this warning. So many stories if you google it. Best wishes and kind regards.  :)

• 2 weeks later...