crossover sooner or later

[Eu...]

G'day,

As I am on both clonzepam and diazepam I'm questioning which of two scenarios would seem more judicious for me and acceptable to my psych.

First of all this is the first cut I've made under the care of a psych. I have been "in his care" for less than one year.

So, I was instructed to remove from my daily total 2.5 mgs of the 10 mgs of diazepam; I split my (2) 5mg tablets and only took the (3) halves. The first week came and went as if I made no change whatsoever. Week two I developed minor physical discomforts along with decreased cognitive ability and stronger emotional responses than liked. This prompted investigation and this new relationship with BB.

Hence, I feel that I should await my next visit with a better plan, hold at 7.5 mgs diazepam, and hold at this level to retain stability.

Plan 1) Taper at a slightly reduced rate with the diazepam until the remaining amount has less impact. Then, request that the clonazepam be switched over to diazepam. My reason is the psych's reaction to it sounding like I'm upping my dose by 10 mgs of diazepam even though I'd really only be converting over to an equivalent dose of diazepam and removing the clonazepam altogether. My concern is a rebound of increased diazepam in my system and a subsequent negative reaction.

Plan 2) Hold at current levels and request the switch from clonazepam to an equivalent total dosage of diazepam and engage a plan of tapered withdrawal at that time. Thereby, avoiding a rebound of diazepam increase, but maybe causing the psych to give me a "my way or the cold turkey highway" with a too much too fast taper that I pay a personal price I cannot afford.

After-note I made contact with a compounding pharmacist that suggest dual tapers of both the diazepam and clonazepam small rate but, alternate. Has anyone heard of that as a viable route? I feel an unease because the pharmacy does have a supplements side to there business (I'm not against them per se) but, I look for conflicts of interest. His mention of a contract between the psych, the pharmacy, and myself it could get adversarial. And monetarily it nets the pharmacy two prescriptions at a time, rather than, one problem at a time.

Please be gentle and objective in your responses; I welcome honest constructive criticism, I won't abide being put down for not knowing answers to questions I ask in a community that suggests itself as a caring, supportive, and information sharing. 

Battle the benzos not your buddies  :oXo:

Eutychus