Dp/DR and Morning Anxiety

[Fi...]

I have dp/dr.  I find that it adds to my anxiety, tremendously.  I find mornings extremely difficult because of it.  Does anyone else struggle with dp/dr and find mornings extremely difficult?

I just started working on a breathing technique that stimulates your parasympathetic nervous system that calms us down.  Longer exhales are the key.  Through the mouth is best, but I do it through the nose. 

When I get DP/DR, it's always worst in the morning, and it eases towards the evening.  What helps me is sunlight exposure and having structured routine daily, that makes things more familiar and stable for me.

Ginger,  Structure and routine is what I need.  Right now this running back to bed thing just isn’t working.

Getting, Yes I do my breathing.  That is definitely something I have to do. 

Hope everyone’s mornings get easier. 

F4M

All of you are making a lot of sense here. Good ideas and constructive ideas too. Keep up the good work. You hard work at this will get you through this horrible mess. Try to stay calm, centered, and practice your skills with dealing with your symptoms.

I feel so horrible in the morning and I started forcing myself to go for a walk and it helps

I only wish I could go for a walk.  I’m too unsteady.  I think it would be beneficial for me.  I have to be way more stable.  Plus the Dp/Dr doesn’t help.

Fighting, one of my first attempts to do something good for me was to start taking short walks. I could barely walk, much less drive my car. I lived in a 55+ community where a lot of people dont drive well. So I managed to drive to a fairly large parking lot within this community. And I slowly walked arouond that damn parking lot. Each step was feeble and scary. I felt like a fool. I did this for several days a week for a while, and it slowly did start to give me a feeling of control over my life.

If you are not quite ready for this step. so be it. You will be soon. Hang in there, and never give up.