Burning tongue anyone?

[Sp...]

This is such a strange post, but I have had a burning tongue for about three months, it is off and on, but I do suspect that it is some type of wd symptom.  Certain foods aggravate it, but I sometimes wake up with it at night.  I am over two years off a 40 year sparodic use of Valium, and most symptoms have lessened but sometimes new ones crop up.....has anyone else had this unusual symptom. 

[f5...]
Yes, I have this, used to be all the time along with the burning everywhere else, but now it is intermittent and I've come to recognise that when I get it another horrible wave is around the corner.

I had burning tongue during acute in the first 3 months of my withdrawal, and then it went away.  It's a common symptom.  Hope it gets better for you soon.

Thank you so much Ginger and Southern Star, it's reassuring to know that someone else has had the same symptoms as I am dealing with......such a strange one and only after two years did it start........and yes, it is intermittent but some foods bother it, like anything spicy or acidic.

Just have to add not only spicy hot foods and temperature hot foods , or acidic foods but also my toothpaste!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I have that. In fact some days my whole mouth feels like it's on fire. I can't handle anything spicy not even pepper. I even started to get sores in mouth and tongue. My doctor gave me a mouth rinse called benzydamine HCL 0.15%. It basically numbs your mouth for a couple of hours. Found it helpful for me when things get really bad. But your choice. It might be worth checking into. I know what works for one person may not for someone else. From my research so far it s a common symptom.

Thank you Loveyourselfalways, but I am afraid to take anything, I find that cold water helps.  I even have a reaction to Melatonin and Advil so being really cautious.  Thanks, though for the advice and good luck to you.