Accidental cold turkey, HELP PLEASE

[wh...]

I accidentally cold turkeyed and didn't know what was going on because I wasn't supposed to be addicted to xanax after .25-.5 bedtime use only a few times a week for several years. 

But a bad reaction to a thyroid drug and a bad compazine shot with severe akathesia left me unable to sleep, so I was taking .5 every night, plus a .25-.5 upon waking four hours later....

And when I stopped my Xanax like i usually do.....I think I had withdrawal! OMG!

I had heart racing all day, headache, inability for loud noises, moving fingers. I didn't put two and two together,  Thought was residuals from a bad compazine shot at the ER a week prior where I got severe akethesia for two days.

Then I started to realize, it posted it on here.....

So I realized I was getting severe akethesia yesterday and the day before....so I started taking .5 a night again three nights ago after 3 nights cold turkey....and it hasn't done anything. I can't sleep. So tonight I took an extra half of a .25 four hours later from the .5....and nothing.  So i just took another half of .25.  So now I'm up to my total I did for several nights before my cold turkey.

Will my akethesia and withdrawal symptoms go away? OMG.  I don't want permanent withdrawal symptoms?

Do i have to go up in my original dose?

Please help!! This wasn't supposed to happen!

occasional .25-.5 as needed for several years, never more than 4 a week

two weeks of .5 every night, plus an extra .25-.5 upon waking in the middle of the night

stopped taking xanax for three nights, symptoms of rapid heart rate, headache, finger tremors, 0 sleep, didn't know what was going on

took .4 and then .1 several hours later for three nights.  withdrawal symptoms persisted, plus now akethesia

Tonight, took a whole .5 plus and extra half of a .25....still no sleep.  Just took another have of a .25, four hours later, so now I'm back up to .5 plus .25.

What should I do? Do I have to reinstate at a higher dose? Will the daily akethesia and heart racing and insomnia go away?

OMG?

I went for four days cold turkey, until I put two and two together.  Then I took a lower amount for 4 days in which I still had bad symptoms.

I would stay on this lower amount, daily, until you feel somewhat normal again.  It might take a week or a few weeks, for some even longer.  Then, I would taper down, off of that, nice and slow.