Question to all of you here? Is this possible?

[Le...]

Want to ask you, what do you think about this? When we are in waves, all these waves in our recovery  made to our bodies so huge incredible stress. I was read some much information and dont find anything about that! Is it possible all this stress from the waves in our benzo recovery to increase heartattack or stroke or some new illness like something automunic or cancer or I dont know just something. In the beggining (november 2017) of my benzo trip when I was 24/7 bedridden I was two weeks in hospital so they made me full analysis and everything was okay but that was before 6 months. That scares me so much! I have all benzo shits and just like all of you here waiting for full recovery but this in my mind all the time?What you think about this? Please share...

I don't think we will ever know is the answer.  Of course withdrawal must put our brains and bodies under considerable stress but really we can't worry about it, we have to just keep going forward and hoping for the best.  After all, we can do nothing to change what has happened and we cannot control the recovery process.  All we can do is to eat well, get exercise if that is possible, get enough rest if that is possible etc etc. 

No withdrawal does not cause other illnesses. I have heard this question asked a thousand times and the answer has always been no. It mimics other illnesses, it does not cause them.

No withdrawal does not cause other illnesses. I have heard this question asked a thousand times and the answer has always been no. It mimics other illnesses, it does not cause them.

Hi Marina you are benzo free and healthy and normal again from 2013?

Hi Marina you are benzo free and healthy and normal again from 2013?

I am puzzled, Marina, one of your posts says you are only 6 months off? 

[6b...]
I know that fear, benzo w/d gave me a stroke, I am not done with this journey and have this fear constantly

I know that fear, benzo w/d gave me a stroke, I am not done with this journey and have this fear constantly

I am so sorry, I see you are around the same age as me ... I am 64 .. and have been very badly affected by withdrawal.  I think we are the unlucky ones ...

Lexsant - try not to worry about these things ..

Benzos cause autonomic dysfunction, which is why we have some of the symptoms we do.  This should resolve over time.

Lookingforward its hard to do not thinking about this.... I am almost 31 years old and six years I was in magic circle without knowing what happening with me. I am not sure totally but I have severe probems and I think they are from benzo stress in these years. Problems like Hashimoto(autoimunic thyroid disease for whole my life) already I have, I was have perfect teeth now I have problems with them, and these days I saw in the mirror that I have white hairs and they are not only a few! The benzos they aged me! The withdrawal was very hard to me I was think that will not survive and every wave make me feel that this is the end or I will have bonus some new illness for a life or maybe my body will shut down completely! Finally I am better only if I am in isolation. I cant live in the normal dinamic world! I am 31 and if I never fully recover I prefer to die because to be in these ages and lives in isolation is a daily nightmare. Just want my life back or want to leave this world I suffer whole six years it is enough for me. I was have only a headaches in the beggining and I was a boy when the doctors prescribe me this poison.I have lost the best youngest years of my life and now when I know everything what happening with me I continue to suffer with post acute withdrawal. Maybe If I am lucky on 32 will be okay nobody knows but I dont think that I will be completely healed maybe much better but never like before benzos! I am realistic guy.

I am so sorry, Lucas.  I have copied one of your very early posts as you do not have a signature.  A signature would be helpful to people if you can manage to make one with your history details.

Earlier post ...

Hi guys I am Lucas and here is my story. I was 24 years healthy boy with some headaches nothing more. I was try couple medicines but nothing helps then my doctors put me on SSRi and Klonopin .5 three times daily. In the beginning everything with my headaches was okay it was magic pills. But in these 6 years really I dont knowing what happening to me. I try to stop the pills and it was bad sooo bad after that I start to take it again and I was okay. I change so many doctors everyone of them told me its your condition you have to take it for a life and I take them. But in one point last two years I realize that on .5 three times daily I am not okay again. I start to thinking something is fucking wrong with these pills. I have so big fear to up at bigger dose..not knowing why (instinct). I still continue to feels soo bad. This is 6 years... my younger years, I feel so destroyed now when I sit and write all these words. Meanwhile now I am 30 years old I forgot to tell that I am from Bulgaria (Eastern Europe), and here dont have any information at all. Finally I understand piece by piece everything what exactly happening to me when I start to learn from internet. I was in total shock. I made personal taperring from .5 three times daily to one time daily .5 it was not good enough but...and after that in november 2017 I quit off Cold Turkey from .5 Klonopin. First 2 months was pure hell I have so much brutal brutal symphtoms. I say it to me you will made it hold on hold on please hold on. On the month three I quit SSRi too with better taperring this time, then I was not good at all but was little better from the beginnig. Now I am 6 months off from december to now (may 2018). After 6 months later I am much better but I lose hope guys because I dont have full window even for a day! I wake up every morning okay after hour everything starts again including: all day headaches sometimes not so bad sometimes awfull, I have all day muscle stiffnes and cramps in all my body, from the headaches even my eyes are dry and having blurred vision, neck and back pain too. Sometimes I have breathe issues. My anxiety is not so bad now I can sleep even 7-8 hours but feel myself so sensitive, from the headaches I have light sensation too, emotional I am not good but better, sometimes have teeth pain. I feel myself sooo tyred like 80 years old at the end of the day (still not working). I taking only hight doses of magnesium  nothing else try to do exercises to run a little bit because when I do nothing the pain is more! I am feel little better in the afternoon also at the night but I dont have no one full daily window. So guys please tell me what do you think about my condition is it good or bad for 6 months off. I will happy to read your answers,advises and everything will be helpfull. For all of you who suffer hold on hold on guys please...we have only one live...we have to survive! Maybe I have many mistakes in my post sorry about that but I push myself to learn english for couple months.

I see that you have tapered off a benzodiazepine and an SSRI ... and you are 8 months off now ... this is still very early days even for benzo withdrawal and you have come off two drugs.  Please do not worry at this stage that you have not had windows .. this is not unusual.  I realise this must be terribly difficult for you to cope with. you are still young and you are isolated because of the suffering.  However, you must not lose hope at this stage.  It may take quite some time for you to recover or it may not, this is the biggest problem with withdrawal, we just cannot know how long it will take.  The negative thoughts you have are normal in withdrawal .. we all have them .. some of them are of course legitimate fears but they do become magnified when we are suffering so much.  Benzos can affect the teeth and the hair but the important thing is that you are now off the drug and you have the chance to make a full recovery or if not a full recovery at least a good recovery.

Lookingforward thank you so much.... just like you and everyone here I am still trying to going on. Just cant believe how its possiblle this poison to be in pharmacy like medicine 60 years! So many people around the world suffer for what? Never mind, yes I am coming off from two drugs Klonopin and Lexapro. Yes, I quit novemeber 2017 but I start to calculate from december I mean the benzos also quit Lexapro on 20th march this year. I have windows already but they are coming if I am in isolation at home and start from the late afternoon to next morning every single day (symphtoms and windows, if I change the situation its coming... WAVE)! I take only one pill and this is for my thyroid hormone also with magnesium nothing else. I live my life with only myself and I suffer with my soul because is painfull to look how the other people build their lifes and me ...I am just a ghost. Hope so for everyone here to be healed faster and you too LookingForward!

Lucas,

I am glad that LookingForward posted your original post as the background is important.  I just want to say that I hear you about the isolation and the need to have it as it protects us from waves right now.  But just as she said, we are in the early stage of recovery and rather than focus on how other people are living their lives right now - I am trying to look at this as what another person posted about: a rebirth.  I am sure age is a factor in how we heal and as I am right in the middle of both of you; I know my recovery is going to be even longer.  I applaud you for getting off these toxic pill and your concern for others is very much shared.  Please read Parker's posts about the brain and know that all of these horrible symptoms (I am experiencing VERY similar ones) are a sign of healing.  You will heal.  And when you do; the life you have will have even more meaning.  Take care of yourself and try not to judge or compare to others knowing you have a good 4-5 months of recovery ahead of you.

LeslieJ thank you! I know that you are right about everything just so much years in tolerance and withdrawal together without knowing what the heck it's going on with me, 6 years no-one told me from thousands doctors they lie  me in my face, couple times in these years I quit off Klono and 3-4 months later was sick but not knowing why? When I changed the docs they told me you can't live without  these pills you have to take it for life you are sick! And I started  again and boom I was okay! So much suffering it's not only now these 7-8 months withdrawal!  The whole story is around 6-7 years and when I understood everything  last year I start again new withdrawal oh God I am just angry so angry and stupid to believe them. Never mind past is past but yes is too early for recovery I know it,  just want to do not sick from other shits/illneses I have these from benzos: they are my autoimmune  thyroid problem,teeth problems, eye diopter because of all these headaches also in the beginning  of my withdrawal hight liver enzymes and candida and yesterday find a bunch of white hairs, just don't want  new because something  new will crushing me down. And last week I decided  to go on 5 days holiday  I was so excited  and happy  before  I go that all my happiness put me  in horrible wave when I was there (the same waves from the beginning)! And my happiness  now is in the trash! And still I am alive for what I don't know but for now I am. Want  to thank you to all of you here for your words and answers you are so kind, so grateful! I will fix my history  and signature. Yes LeslieJ I want my rebirth and still waiting,hope so to come soon for all of us here! 

Hey Lex I just wanted to reassure you that you are definitely going to get better from this, you haven’t been off of these pills long snug to really worry about permanent damage as you are still within the time frame for normal healing. You are going to ok and I know how scary it is but it seems like you definitely feel better now than you did even a few months ago which is an awesome sign. A lot of people don’t ever get full windows so don’t let that make you sad, a lot of people just have a gradual lessening if symltoms until they wake up or day and realize they are totally better so it could be that way for you. Sending you love and healing you are going to be totally fine 💕

Apologize for my texts, as I use translation. I know, that sometimes it's getting crazy, and hard to understand. This, I found in a Swedish article about stress and stroke.

SHOULD BE INTERPRETED WITH CAUTION:

The study showed that there is a connection to stress in cases where the stroke is due to atherosclerosis in the throat of the throat or on props that have occurred locally in the smaller vessels of the brain. The link was also found for those patients where it was not possible to determine what the stroke was due to. However, the researchers could not see any independent association with stress for those patients who had stroke due to a blood clot from the heart.

"There seems to be a connection between stress and stroke, but this should be interpreted with great caution.

I do actually think that withdrawal in itself may not completely reverse. Paraesthesia, tinnitus, hyperacusis. These are some minor symptoms that I have that have failed to resolve as a three week user. Potentially it could increase susceptibility to heart arrhythmia. I met a man aged 50 who had abused benzos for 3 months and suffered W/D for 5 years. He had a pacemaker installed when I met him.

Other than that, I don’t think W/D causes other diseases.

Benzo WD causes autonomic dysfunction.  Not saying it can’t be resolved in time.  However, if you research you will see that the symptoms stem from dysautonmia.  Which was in the Ashton manual.