Liquid and pills

[d9...]

[d9...]

I'm resuming tapering of 0.375 mg of Clonazepan. This time taking liquid form. I'm taking three doses 0.125mg three times a day that I split from a 0.5 mg pill. I'm a little concern about going all liquid starting with the whole dose (3.75ml) .

I'm thinking about gradually switch from pill to liquid starting with one dose -Cutting dose 1.25 ml- and then continuous gradually switching to liquid with the other 2 doses in the first week or two. Eventually end up integrating all in one liquid dose.

Questions:

-Did anybody had the same issue when passing from dry pills to liquid?

-I heard about inter dose withdrawals. I don't see this happening with clonazepan but did anybody?

- Anybody reversing back to pills and why. How end up tapering?

Thanks in advance for the comments on this issue.

1)  There is absolutely no medical or pharmacological reason why switching to liquid will have any effect on how you respond to your med.  A tablet becomes liquid within seconds of hitting the stomach anyway.  Liquid or dry, its the same med.  1mg liquid = 1mg dry.

2)  On the old Benzo Detox Recovery board there were hundreds (thousands?) of members tapering off every different benzo, using several different liquid  methods.  No one ever mentioned any problem switching to liquid. Its just BB paranoia.

[d9...]

Thanks Builder!

Last one. In your experience in this forum regarding the doses, I'm taking 3x.125 daily, when switch to liquid for practical reasons (my work- i travel a lot) would be more convenient to take one dose a day. Is it something that needs to be done gradually say start with the actual number of doses then in one week switch to two and then progressively end up with one? I read here about inter dose symptoms or something like that...

Appreciate your help a lot!!

Thanks

Miguel

2X day is pretty much the "standard" schedule for K, although many folks do fine on 1X day.

My suggestion is 1)  switch to 2X day for a about a week to be sure its OK (it most likely will be), then 2)  when you start your taper, taper the second dose until your down to 1X day.  Most folks prefer too take the biggest dose at night (I did  ;).  Its probably only psychological, but I thought it would help.