Gabapentin withdrawal

[so...]

Ok had my last Xanax in April. I have no withdrawals from it. I told the doc I’ve been abusing gabapentin and she agreed w me to do a slow taper. The problem w this is that I have been abusing it since 2013.

So it’s not like a normal person where they don’t want it. There’s extreme cravings for it. The withdrawals resemble benzo withdrawals. Last year when I was yanked off three mg of klonopin I was psychotic for three months until I fired the docs and started my own wean. I’m fearful that it’s going to happen again only with the gabapentin.

Hi

It took me a while to get responses from here, but eventually I did.  I do not know gabapentin,  heard of it,  never took it.  I wanted to tell you if you are in facebook there are  tons of private groups and there is a gabapentin group.  I am  tapering xanax. 

Good luck!

Kristin

Was on eight hundred mg three times a day but since I abuse it I can get away with taking four hundred three times a day.

My doc lowered it to six three times a day but I’m trying to take 309 three times a day.

Sonic

I was up to 3x300mg at the highest. My doc is tapering me as follows.

Wk 1 2x300mg

Wk 2 2x200mg

Wk 3 2×100mg

Wk 4 1×100mg

Wk 5 100mg every other day

I think week 6 I will split the powder the best I can to 50mg every other day. Doc also said I can slow down if needed, I am almost done with wk 3 and haven't noticed anything to bad yet but I am in benzo withdrawl so who the hell knows. I was also only taking it for 2 months. I hope this helps.

I was on 3400 mg a day for the horrible pain. It contributed to my anxiety so I tapered. I tapered over 4 months I took 200 mg off every week. If I felt bad I slowed it down. My anxiety lessened some. When your GABA receptos are healed is when you will be free.