Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Does anyone always just feel weird?

[St...]

I feel like I have some permanent feeling of craziness. I don't feel like a normal human anymore. I feel like I'm kind of dizzy. Don't feel quite normal and never feel awake or sleepy. Just a little detached from reality. Is this normal?

I have this feeling daily. When all the strong symptoms seem to lessen or disappear for a short period of time, I still don't feel like myself. I'm hoping all these symptoms disappear and I feel like myself soon. I'm nearing four months since quitting Klonopin. I hope you start feeling like yourself too, but it looks like you've only been of the meds a short time.

Yeah..majority of it ended in March so I'm hoping to feel myself soon. My face is swollen too so that kind of scares me. I'm hoping all of this is benzo related and I haven't went crazy.

Stacey have you been to a Dr. and had bloodwork done? Your numbers could be off or there could be one thing that's out of whack that is an easy fix. I hate to see you suffering and it's always a good thing to get checked out if you don't feel good. I'm fixin to get some labs done too as I've been EXTREMELY tired lately, my body aches and my tinnitus is really bad.  I truly believe that medication especially Benzos can really wreck ones health if taken too long. I feel for anyone who isn't doing well and I'm sorry you are having these issues...  Please get yourself checked out. Blessings.  :smitten:

I think that it is safe to say that feeling crazy is a symptom of sleep deprivation. Once sleep starts to return you should begin to feel a lot more stable. That is what happened to me.

Also, lack of sleep can change the way you look and how your perceive the way you look. Eyes droop, other facial muscles become more flacid and blood flow in the skin decreases. When you feel shitty you don't smile as much and that changes your looks. I would think that your face will return to its former looks once sleep begins to come back. It is not uncommon for people to believe that other medical problems are piggy-backing on withdrawal. Although it is certainly possible, in most cases it is just withdrawal and withdrawal does end.

Sleep has begin to return most of the time with the help of a low dose seroquel but it doesn't feel like real sleep. Even when I sleep with nothing, it feels awful when I wake up. I've slept every night for the last few weeks but I never feel sleepy or normal anymore. Yes, my facial muscles have become very weak. I don't know if it's swelling or lack of muscle tone. Does this end and did anyone else experience this?

Stacy, go to Drugs.com and look at the listed side effects of Seroquel. It actually lists facial swelling as a less common side effect. There is also a list of unusual feelings and sensations associated with the drug. Maybe if you knew that you are feeling side-effects in return for sleep it would be easier to understand and handle.

My face was kind of swelling before the seroquel. That has been the only thing that has given me & hes every night for the last few weeks. I've been feeling off even before it too so I don't know.

• 2 weeks later...

Stacey,

I'm betting it's the Seroquel. I was put on a low dose after I was ripped off of Klonopin before and it definitely gave me some bad reactions. I was only getting 2 hrs sleep a night so asked the doc for something and that's what she gave me. It did kinda help me sleep for a few days, but then after a while it started to get like I couldn't tell if I slept at all, like I was just awake all night. Felt like I was loosing my mind, as a matter of fact I'm still looking for it...lol. Also gave me nasty DP/DR and drove me into an outpatient program. I'll never take that crap again.

Best of luck in your recovery.

Stacey,

I'm betting it's the Seroquel. I was put on a low dose after I was ripped off of Klonopin before and it definitely gave me some bad reactions. I was only getting 2 hrs sleep a night so asked the doc for something and that's what she gave me. It did kinda help me sleep for a few days, but then after a while it started to get like I couldn't tell if I slept at all, like I was just awake all night. Felt like I was loosing my mind, as a matter of fact I'm still looking for it...lol. Also gave me nasty DP/DR and drove me into an outpatient program. I'll never take that crap again.

Best of luck in your recovery.

Hi , what dose were u taking and can I ask what DP/DR means?  Im taking seroquel but I usually dont go higher than 12.5mg. 

Mikezz,

I was on 25mg. It works well for some people but wasn't for me. It is an antipshychotic .

DP/DR is De-personalisation/De-realization. Not quite pshychotic but scary stuff.

I woke up not feeling like I was me. Had to keep telling myself who I was, who my mother, father and wife were. NOT FUN!

Best of luck in your recovery!

I've been having to that even before the seroquel. Nothing makes me feel normal. I take 75mg of seroquel but even with anything else I've taken, I feel the same anyway. I never have the ability to get sleepy anymore. I feel like I have to wear sunglasses all the time because it takes the edge off of the crazy feeling. Almost like I'm high. It's not a pleasant feeling at all.

• 2 weeks later...
All day, every day… For the last year. You just have to keep telling yourself it’s wd And you’re healing, even if it’s not just tell yourself that.

I feel like I have some permanent feeling of craziness. I don't feel like a normal human anymore. I feel like I'm kind of dizzy. Don't feel quite normal and never feel awake or sleepy. Just a little detached from reality. Is this normal?

Yes. This is my worst symptom right now at almost six months off. My sleep has returned for the most part. Well, I get 5 or 6 hours a night which for me is a lot since I was getting zero for months.

I do not take anything more than half a Unison and a sliver of melatonin.

I don't know if the feeling is anxiety, depression, dp, Dr or what. I wish someone could tell me. But I just don't feel like myself and the world is just off.

Sleep has begin to return most of the time with the help of a low dose seroquel but it doesn't feel like real sleep. Even when I sleep with nothing, it feels awful when I wake up. I've slept every night for the last few weeks but I never feel sleepy or normal anymore. Yes, my facial muscles have become very weak. I don't know if it's swelling or lack of muscle tone. Does this end and did anyone else experience this?

Stacey,

I'm one week out from 6 months since my last Benzo.  My whole experience started with insomnia induced from a hospital stay/tragic event. (I still wonder if it was the ONE dose of Ativan given at the hospital - my first dose ever - I think I had a bad reaction to it).  Anyway,  I literally went six nights with ZERO sleep.  Not zero perceived sleep... I was WIDE awake for six days/nights.  It traumatized me.  This whole experience is VERY traumatizing to us.  SO much of our abliity to sleep or not sleep has to do with our mindset about the entire situation.  I know you've been told this before, but perhaps reading it again will help you try it again.  I don't know.  But you have to come to a form of PURE acceptance.  Not only that, but it would help your sleep SO much if you would turn your negatives into positives.  YES, your sleep may feel like crap.  But it's sleep.  Be grateful for it.  I'm not saying you're not grateful... I'm saying just EMPHASIZE the gratefulness.  It's like if a loved one cooked you dinner and you said "wow, look at all the dirty dishes".  Their brain would be like "but hey, I cooked a wonderful meal".

SAY THANK YOU to your brain for what it IS trying to do.  Wake up from the sleep you do get and IMMEDIATELY think a HAPPY and GRATEFUL thought.  Even if you don't sleep at all, DO NOT grumble and complain and think "NOw I"m going to feel horrible".  Put your feet on the floor and a smile on your face and say "I'm going to have a WONDERFUL day no matter how little sleep I got".  And MOST importantly, do not fret about sleep when you lie down.  List all your blessings from your day.  Put your head down and thank your higher power for the soft bed beneath your bones and the soft pillow under your head.  Thank him for the roof over your head keeping you safe from the elements, and the blanket that covers your body... and keep finding those blessings and running them through your head . . .all night if you don't fall asleep.  But don't think about ANYTHING else except your blessings.  Go down to the salt shaker on your kitchen table if you have to... repeat things if you have to..

I hope this helps a little.  Please try it and let me know.  HUGS!!

Stacey,

I'm one week out from 6 months since my last Benzo.  My whole experience started with insomnia induced from a hospital stay/tragic event. (I still wonder if it was the ONE dose of Ativan given at the hospital - my first dose ever - I think I had a bad reaction to it).  Anyway,  I literally went six nights with ZERO sleep.  Not zero perceived sleep... I was WIDE awake for six days/nights.  It traumatized me.  This whole experience is VERY traumatizing to us.  SO much of our abliity to sleep or not sleep has to do with our mindset about the entire situation.  I know you've been told this before, but perhaps reading it again will help you try it again.  I don't know.  But you have to come to a form of PURE acceptance.  Not only that, but it would help your sleep SO much if you would turn your negatives into positives.  YES, your sleep may feel like crap.  But it's sleep.  Be grateful for it.  I'm not saying you're not grateful... I'm saying just EMPHASIZE the gratefulness.  It's like if a loved one cooked you dinner and you said "wow, look at all the dirty dishes".  Their brain would be like "but hey, I cooked a wonderful meal".

SAY THANK YOU to your brain for what it IS trying to do.  Wake up from the sleep you do get and IMMEDIATELY think a HAPPY and GRATEFUL thought.  Even if you don't sleep at all, DO NOT grumble and complain and think "NOw I"m going to feel horrible".  Put your feet on the floor and a smile on your face and say "I'm going to have a WONDERFUL day no matter how little sleep I got".  And MOST importantly, do not fret about sleep when you lie down.  List all your blessings from your day.  Put your head down and thank your higher power for the soft bed beneath your bones and the soft pillow under your head.  Thank him for the roof over your head keeping you safe from the elements, and the blanket that covers your body... and keep finding those blessings and running them through your head . . .all night if you don't fall asleep.  But don't think about ANYTHING else except your blessings.  Go down to the salt shaker on your kitchen table if you have to... repeat things if you have to..

I hope this helps a little.  Please try it and let me know.  HUGS!!

I've been dealing with this for one full entire year so I am grateful I'm sleeping some. The problem I'm having is not necessarily the lack of sleep but the pain I'm dealing with and not being able to function. some days I can't open my eyes, I have severe pain in my head, and I have no energy no matter how much I sleep. Sleep is supposed to be restorative, but it's not. I go to bed wondering what that night will bring. A full blown panic attack and nightmare, a full 11 hrs of sleep, or none at all with tons of pain in my joints? I've not been able to walk, Ive canceled 2 vacations, I've thrown up for months, 30k in debt because Of this, I've been blind, I've had so much pain I can hardly breath, and that list goes on and on. I'm not grateful for what I'm going through. This experience came straight out of hell. This wasn't intended by God and I'm not grateful for the hell on earth I'm going through.

Stacey, I know exactly what you mean. My feeling like that started around month 6-7, then eased off for a couple of weeks and it's now back again. I feel like I am a robot in the world of people. They don't understand that I never feel sleepy and that sleep doesn't feel like sleep, regardless whether it's medicated or not (I even tried vaping MJ).