Day 11 Coming off of Valium

[rw...]

Hi everyone. I  just got home from SE Asia where you can get Valium 5mg OTC for nothing. I started using it to sleep and now I'm feeling good/bad/good/bad/horrible. 2 nights 4 hours sleep collectively. I found that Benadryl (Diphen-hydramine eases drive things up a bit.) I'm freaking out because I Have a good job starting Monday.)

6 months 5-15 mg a night. day 11. Am I out of the woods if I wake up feeling better?  :-[

I could really use the help.

Thank u,

Rick :(

Many people have done the same, and are OK, but it's impossible to predict how you'll fare.  The opinion of the best benzo experts, and people with experience, is to taper off slowly, so I'd recommend that you consider a plan to do that.  I wish I had, when I quit.

Listen to your body--don't anticipate horrible withdrawal symptoms just because people tell you you're going to get them.  Although it's not recommended, you quit cold turkey, and if you feel better/start to feel better, don't second guess it--you might be one of the lucky ones. Valium has a fairly long half life, which is why they suggest crossing over when trying to get off Xanax or Klonopin. Because of this, it takes some time for withdrawal symptoms, if any, to hit.  Again, though, if you feel fine, you are fine.  Don't let your mind get the best of you.  If the symptoms get intolerable, then consider reinstating and doing a slow taper.

Day 12. Slept 6 hours and feel much better. Went to the air museum with my father. Slightly stressful but no meltdown. :tickedoff: