Post Withdrawal Assistance

[Do...]

I am 8months post withdrawal and have some new symptoms that are troublesome.  I was on Alprazolam .25 mg up to .5 mg for five years.

Hello Doodeet :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

I'm so sorry that you are having a rough time, I hope that it’s encouraging to learn that it’s not uncommon to be so symptomatic at 8 months out.  Healing from Benzos is non-linear, it usually follows a pattern of some improvement followed by a setback, and so on until eventual recovery. You will eventually recover from this ordeal.

Many of us have new symptoms pop up in recovery, if they are worrisome, get them checked to rule out other causes.  Withdrawal symptoms are temporary, please remind yourself that this will come to an end and you will get better.  We are happy that you have joined us.  Being with people who can completely understand and empathise is vital through this process.

Here are some useful links

The Ashton Manual, there is a wealth of information in this manual about benzo withdrawal: Professor Ashtons Manual 

Here is a link to the Post/Withdrawal/Recovery support: Post withdrawal recovery support.

To allow others to see where you are in the process so they can better support you, we ask that you ”Create a signature”

Welcome aboard

Magrita