Hello there!

[wi...]

Hi I am Holly and I have been taking Ativan 1 mg x 10 years "for sleep". One thing or another has come up over the years to include my husband passing away, etc that did not motivate me to come up with a plan. My GP kinda brushes off the slow taper and symptoms that I will have. I am 48 years old I have been wanting to be off this drug for the last couple of years but recently have had a spark of motivation to do so in that my CVS changed manufacturers and by day two on a different "brand" i felt withdrawal symptoms. I didn't realize what was happening so I called the pharmacist and he confirmed my suspicions. This has fueled my desire to come off a drug that I had no idea had so many implications on my health and well being. The pharmacist was helpful in trading out what he had left of the brand I was on. I have done much research over the last week. I feel that a very slow taper is the best route. Liquid doesn't seem that hard or difficult to achieve. I would like some guidance for tools I will need to accomplish. I am not opposed to dry taper but I would like exact dosing. Please help me to device a plan. Thank you in advance for support/help in doing so! I do not take any other medications besides the occasional ibuprofen. I had been on Wellbutrin and tapered off the drug completely 2 years ago this month. Which was also difficult. I had only been on that drug for 9 months.

Hi wineygirl :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

You will get plenty of support here.  The general recommendation is to taper no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days, it is okay to go slower, whatever rate you are comfortable with. If you look at the top of the titration board, you will see some stickie threads with information you might find useful. You will get a lot of support here

I would suggest that you familiarise yourself with the Ashton Manual, It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  It provides Tapering and withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

You will find some very valuable support and information on the forum.  Our members are happy to share their personal experiences with you and support you.. Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

Here are some helpful links:

The Ashton Manual

Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Methods

Titration Taper Plans

Withdrawal Support

If you would be so kind as to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice this link will show you how to”Create a signature”

Welcome aboard

Magrita