Severe Anxiety...

[Fi...]

My anxiety is through the ROOF!!!  Never had anxiety this bad in my life.    Nothing calms me down.  I can’t find relief in breathing, Meditation, being outside, nothing.    My brain feels like it’s in constant panic mode!!!!  My body is calm, however, my brain is just out of control.    The other night I was feeling so calm and relaxed in my body, but my brain was in overdrive.  Racing thoughts, just so over stimulated.  How can your body feel relaxed, but your brain is feeling like you’ve had 1000 cups of coffee? 

I’ve read Parker’s what happens to your brain......I didn’t find anything that tied to this feeling.

Need some insight if possible, this is very odd and extremely distressing.

I can eat but it amps me up even more.  Doesn’t matter what I eat.  It just ignites everything even more.  On top of my Floaty Boaty and DP/DR.

What about you?

you guys remind me of what I had around 2.5 years back. Horrendous anxiety..racing thoughts and food ramping it up. It went after 6 months like an over night change. I know get a milder version. I hope it goes for you soon x

I have the same, never had this severe constant “gad style” anxiety before.

Camela,

So, at least we know it’s from the Benzo. 

I know how you feel...I've been dealing with this for the last 10 months. I NEVER had anxiety like this before, I didn't even know it was possible for a human being to experience such a state of absolute torment. I've tried to explain it to my family but it's useless, they just ask "But what are you anxious about?" I've tried to explain to them that the zopiclone destroyed me but they don't believe it, they think I'm mentally ill and keep calling doctors who turn up, tell me that withdrawal only lasts a month and I'm just depressed/have an anxiety disorder/some other BS before leaving a script for Paxil or some other crap which I refuse to touch. I hope this nightmare ends soon for all of us  :(

I have been in your shoes,Zop. And I know you will get through this. Your anxiety is being caused by your brain, which is in a state of total uproar right now. When one gets off benzos, especiallt by going CT, it throws the brain into a massive overdrive. It is trying to fix itself, by chemical means and other ways.

The amygdala ( a tiny part of the brain) controls anxiety and fear. Getting off benzos throws this tiny organ into utter chaos. Fear, anxiety, fear, anxiety, may run rampant for a while. s long as you understand it is not REALLY YOU, you will be fine. Your brain wants to heal itself, and will try to do so every  minute of the day as long as you dont take a benzo or any other brain affecting drug.

Once I recovered from going cold turkey, my anxiety just disappeared. I seldom feel that now. Just normal. mild anxiety in a new situation. My anxiety during withdrawal was so awful I thought I would die from it. But I didnt.

Keep on trying. I think you guys will be just fine.

Would hydrocodine cause a severe anxiety reaction?  I was given hydrocodine for my fingers.  Didn’t take it daily. 

I notice my brain reacts to EVERYTHING in a very paradoxical way.  My brain interprets everything as a threat and therefore my anxiety stays at extreme levels......I’m guessing....