Desperate To Get Off Klonopin I Think I Made a Big Mistake

[Jo...]

I was taking klonopin 1 mg once at night but was feeling so anxious when I woke up and the rest of the day I felt like it was too much at one time and waking up was a shock to my body and I didn’t want to wait to feel the effects of a way lesser dose when I started to taper so I switched to taking klonopin .5 twice a day. Felt better for a couple days but now I’m back to waking up with massive anxiety. I want off this crap but I have to be able to function. I’ve only been taking .5 twice a day for three days. Do I keep that going for a week or two then start to taper or go back to taking klonopin 1 mg at night for a week and start tapering from there? I feel like I’ve have bad withdrawls the whole time I’ve been on it since March but it got worse when my dr increased my dose to 1 mg in May. Please help I’m suffering and desperate but need to be able to function.

Thank you :-[

same story here JoJo.  Klonopin is awful.. I was on Lorazepam for about 2 yrs for anxiety attacks .. and reached tolerance .. tapered off slowly and still ended up in hospital for 3 days with a cardiac event ?? 

Doc put me on klonopin 9 weeks ago and its not good for me .. This is day 6 of no klonopin.. pdoc put me on valium but too low a dose (5 mg 2x) so i'm reacting every 7-8 hrs.  ER over the weekend and that doc said 5 mgs3x a day.  that has worked better ... I think the valium will allow a smooth taper once I'm stable.

Ashton Manuel recommends Valium to taper ... check it out.