THE MOVING SUPPORT GROUP

[Gr...]

This is for people who are moving to a different place to live.  There are so many stresses involved in moving, and it's stressful for anyone, let alone people who already have their CNS compromised.  I noticed a few people are moving this summer so I thought I'd start a group for us to support eachother. 

I am moving in August, not sure of the exact date yet.  I have not started packing, but I did buy a bunch of boxes. 

Who else is moving in the next few months?

[15...]
Hi, I'm a newbie and I'm moving at beginning of September. Something we weren't going to do until I was healed but then we saw the perfect house with an amazing garden and it felt so peaceful we decided to just go for it. I  don't know how I did this but I sold my house in 4 days and bought the other one. Our new place is 300 kms away but we have lived there for a short time before and know a few people there. When I'm in a window I'm ok about it but then a wave hits and I think omg what have I done. I don't have any predictability with the waves and I'm terrified of being sick on the day we have to move. Anyway just wanted to chime in, I don't have much support apart from my partner as friends have drifted away due to me being continually sick.

Welcome Southern Star!!! Congratulations on your new house!!!  300kms, wow.  My new place also is way more peaceful, and full of nature, as we are moving OUT of the city, and into the country.

I know exactly what you mean about being worried about that one day, moving day.  It's so frustrating that we can't predict any of this.  I try really hard to figure out what triggers my waves, but it's hard.  New things seem to pop up all the time, or maybe it's nothing I did, and a wave was just going to happen no matter what.  Do you have a firm moving date yet?  We do not have one yet still.   

[15...]
Hi GreenCup, We are moving to the country out of the city too! although we live by the beach it's become way too busy and we don't have a garden so I'm looking forward to having that. We had been thinking of moving for the past 3 years but always put it off into the "too hard" basket. I never would've believed i'd be moving while in benzo w/d. Our moving date is September 5th and I bought a couple of boxes and packed the stuff in them I was told to move out of the house ready for sale, after that i sort of ran out of steam, big fatigue set in and then a nasty 4 day wave and so i've more or less decided to get the removal guys to come and pack for us. I've cleared out lots of clutter and given stuff away etc, I've been pretty ruthless but it's hard to be decisive with a benzo fog brain. People tell me ive done the worst bit (selling the house and all the stressful paperwork) but now i feel i'm in a state of constant "what if", and i'm constantly monitoring how i feel to try and predict a wave coming. I've been mostly housebound for the last 10 months as i don't like to plan ahead in case i can't do it on the day, so many nice outings i've had to cancel because of this crap, my partner is very supportive but friends have dropped like flies. One thing I do that i have found helpful re the move is to make lists and cross stuff of as it gets done, out of my head and onto the paper so to speak. Doesn't always work though when the racing  thoughts take over. How about you?

I've never hired movers before, but we are thinking of doing it this time.  Do you know how that works?  They will actually come and pack everything for you?  I was thinking we would pack everything, but they would actually move it.  I especially want someone else in charge of large items, like the beds and stuff. 

We are probably moving in between August 13th and 17th, not sure of the exact day.  We are trying to get some work done in the house before we move in. 

[15...]

It's been a long time since i've had movers that packed my stuff but i remember it was pretty awful packing it up (and that was when i was healthy!). I did a deal with the moving company that they come and pack it all up the day before we move, it would've been cheaper if they'd been able do do it on the actual day but that's not possible as we have a long way to go and they will have to come early in the moving. They will charge by the amount of boxes they pack so i think i will pack a coupla boxes of my personal stuff myself. If you are doing work to the house before you move in can you move in stages rather than all at once? That would be great for me but again not possible due to the distance involved. We may have the purchaser of our house moving in on the same day as we are moving out Aaaargh!

I guess i will have to inform all our utility providers of the changeover as well which is another hassle. I will have to drive to the new place when the removal truck arrives so that i can be there to let them in and my partner will stay behind and finish up and then drive down after them. It's a 4 - 41/2 hr drive so i am praying i'm not in a bad wave that day, straight highway though and the last 2 hours very few vehicles, but i still worry. I have to keep thinking positive and focus on why we are moving etc, today i am feeling reasonable so not too difficult to think that way but the benzo voice is always lurking around somewhere waiting to pounce.

Move in stages, I guess we could do something like that?  I haven't gotten anyone to do the work yet, so I don't even know how intrusive it would be to do, after we are there.  It's an hour and a half drive away, so it's not nothing but it's still completely doable in one day.  My husband did not like the idea of mover's packing stuff, but I think we might have to do that anyways. 

His parents are coming to help with packing, so maybe that will make is easier.  I need to make a list of all the things to do.  The days keep going by, and I keep forgetting to do all kinds of things that I mean to do.  I actually think I am going to hire a cleaning service first, so I can at least not worry about that. 

[15...]
Hi GreenCup, have been in a brutal wave these past few days which has made me question why i ever thought i could even think about moving, i realise it may be the benzo voice but it's been horrible and caused some tension between me and my partner which didn't help. Today i am feeling slightly better. Yes i would definitely get a cleaning service, i have thought about that as well but my place may not need one as i had to clean like a ninja to get it ready for sale, don't feel any motivation to do anything atm, i keep putting things off and forgetting what i have to do (normally i'm very organised), keep writing lists and adding to them as i think of them and crossing it off when it's done. It's great that you have help from your husbands parents, are they supportive of you? I just wish the whole thing would hurry up and happen, this waiting is awful and causing me a fair bit of extra anxiety. Feel in a real fog. Think i may just have to accomplish one thing every day even if it feels like i will keel over doing it.

I'm so jealous of your normally organized life.  I haven't felt organized in over ten years.  I can't remember what food I have in my pantry and where the clean sheets are.  I spend so much time looking for things.  I am inspired by you to make more lists.  I can't rely on my mind to remember this stuff. 

I have decided that we will probably move first and get the work done afterwards now, because if I am going to get estimates from different workers, I will have to be there, and that will be so much easier once we are living there.  I will just have to stay out of the house during the actual construction, if it is that much, I'm not even sure how long it will take or anything. 

I told my husband about how we could get the movers to pack our stuff and at first, he didn't like the idea, but now he seems to have warmed up to it.  I think we might pack some ourselves and have them finish, but I'm not sure how we will figure out how much to pay them for it.  I'm trying to clear out some room to stat to put boxes in but I keep forgetting that I am doing that, as well as a ton of other things I am forgetting that I am doing. 

My husband's parents are kind of supportive.  I think if I am more assertive things will go smoother.  I have to work on that more.  I'm not sure when this started but I'm having problems asking for what I want or need without going straight to being aggressive.  Especially when I am the one giving orders, like in this moving situation.  How do you nicely give orders?  LOL.  I don't even know. 

[15...]

Hi GreenCup, thank god the apathy and lack of motivation has shifted a bit for me, i find lists are the only thing that gets me through this but sometimes i still forget even though i have a list, then i forget where the lists are, which notebook etc, this benzo wd has fogged me completely. I leave things on the stove and forget as well eg i put an egg on to boil and went to sit in the lounge room, after a while i heard a hissing noise, thought it was the tinnitus come back, it got worse, as did my anxiety, so i started breathing exercises, after a while i went into the kitchen to get a drink of water and there was the egg boiled dry and the pan half melted away, hence the cause of the hissing noise....so i'm definitely not super organised anymore! and i found out that not everything that happens is benzo wd!!

I think you are mighty brave to move and then get the work done afterwards, although it will be easier to get estimates as you say, are they big noisy jobs? I am very noise intolerant at the moment, there is a house being built across the way from me and every noise seems amplified and goes right through me, i definitely wouldn't cope with any sort of construction work going on around me, thankfully anything that needs doing on our new place can wait a while.

I wish the whole thing would just hurry up now, i'm flip flopping on the decision we made to move on my bad days and then the DR makes me wonder is this actually happening, have i really sold my house etc etc, a friend brought a couple of her removal boxes round but they hhave just sat there while i looked at them, will try and pack one today. We are packing a little bit for ourselves (personal papers, photos etc) and paying the packers $15AUD per box to pack the rest, we have to pay for a minimum of 10 boxes but they supply them.

I think when it comes to moving you can't give orders nicely, you just give them anyways they come out! My new idea is that on bad days i will try and do one thing related to the move and on the days that are better i will do as much as i can from my list. Today i am going to make a big effort to ring the utility/power suppliers to advise of the changeover, dreading it as i'm not much good on the phone anymore. I've found If i don't put something on my list the moment i think of it then i forget it - forgot i had an appointment for car service last week.

So onwards and upwards, when i get anxiety about it  all i try to viualise what it will be like after we have moved and all this stress is behind me.

OMG the utilities!  I am so glad you wrote that down.  I had made a list of things to do before the move, and since the first one was contact the contractor for the work we want done, I never moved on.  But the next one is electricity and then phone...OMG, I had totally forgotten those needed to be done.  I guess I have to contact the movers first.  I guess we will go on August 15th, if there is not work to be done first.  We are supposed to get the keys on the evening of the 14th. 

I feel very dp/dr about this too.  I was just thinking that we only just decided to buy a house, how did we get here?  I often temporarily forget many things of the recent past and feel like something that was months ago was just yesterday. 

Talk about forgetful, I made a list of things to do this morning, and then forgot to look at my stupid list.  I actually was annoyed cause when I made the list, I knew there was something I was forgetting and I keep remembering it and keep forgetting to put it back on the list! 

I also have been the cause of many almost fires because of forgotten cooking.  One day, I was getting out of the shower, and it was around lunchtime, and I was thinking, "Oh I am so hungry.  I'll just go in the kitchen in my robe, and put on a pot of water to boil for some pasta."

I get into the kitchen and there's a pot boiling, with half the water gone.  I put that pot on sometime before my shower and completely forgot about it.  COMPLETELY.  It's a little bit like you and your boiled egg.  I actually have a rule for myself now, and I MUST stay in the kitchen or set a timer, if the oven or stove is on.  The timer really saves me, cause otherwise I can easily forget. 

I keep trying to do one thing towards the move every day, but it's looking more and more like that isn't ever going to happen.  I will contact the movers tomorrow and see how much it is for them to pack for us too.  I know my husband's parents will not like that, but I think my husband and I will like that very much, just to take the stress off. 

[15...]

Your comment about "we only just decided to buy a house, how did we get here" sums it up for me totally! It's as though we sort of did it but i didn't really believe it was going to happen. Weird.

OMG i did those utilities today, i was shaking all the time i was on the phone and the woman was going on and on about all these different plans etc, i just kept telling her that we just wanted the same plan in a different place and she kept on about contacting the owners of the place that we have bought to make sure the meter reader could get access on the day of the changeover and i just sort of mentally keeled over, and then she went on about the access at our current place to read the meter and on and on and on, and she talked so loud that it sounded all distorted (but maybe that's my brain!!) so it was hard to understand her, anyway it took about half an hour before she was done reading all the regulations etc and asking me if i agreed, i assumed they must be similar to what we signed up for in our current place (thank god it is the same provider) so i just kept saying Yes. So good luck with that aspect of it! Hope you have an easier time of it. After that I told my partner he has to take care of the phone/internet.

I think that's a great idea about the timer, there is one on my oven so i will try and remember to set it if i start to cook anything, hope i remember what it's for when it rings! LOL!

I cleared out the cupboard in the shower and also 2 drawers in the kitchen as well today, well i just threw out as much as i could, i am finding i am so dithery, can't decide what to keep or throw, so in the end i threw most of it out! Clearing stuff out seems to make me quite jittery somehow. Also noticed that those drawers needed cleaning - omg that will have to wait!

Not looking at the list again today!

I sent out a message to a mover.  I think I should have started all of this sooner.  I dreamt last night that we got there and there was no electricity and the water wasn't okay to drink(which that probably will be true).  Everyone was unhappy at the new place, in my dream. 

I have starts of rooms cleaned up/gone through, but I never remember to finish.  The bathroom has been started a few times.  Originally I was just cleaning, but now I'm going to actually just start packing.  We are moving in two weeks now.  :0  I'm not ready at all.

I have two drawers full of meds that I have saved. Old antibiotics, antidepressants, benzos, opioids, all kinds of stuff.  I want to get rid of a lot of this.  I feel weird going to my local pharmacy and giving it to them.  I might go to one that is not local, just so I never had to see them again.  Though I guess my name is on the prescriptions...

Oh I just realized we have to cancel our utilities here too.  The only thing I have transferred so far is the home insurance.  That is cancelled here, at the end of August, and started on August 15th at the new place.  Ah, I have just heard back from the mover, and the next date they can do is August 19th.  That might be better, honestly.  A little more time.  They charge by the hour and not by the box.  Not cheap though.  $100 an hour.  Definitely an incentive to pack my own boxes. 

Just came to update:  I went to the pharmacy and gave then a bunch of weird medication, and they took it, with a smile, no questions asked.  I still have more, but I didn't want to overwhelm them.  LOL.  It was way easier than I imagined.

I am still in contact with the mover.  Now I have sent him pictures of all the furniture, so he doesn't have to come here to look, cause we are an hour and a half away from him.  The price has gone up to $125 an hour because of how much stuff we have, he says it is a 3 man job.  This sounds okay to me.  It definitely gives me impetus to pack more boxes.  lol. 

My mother is convinced if I let the movers pack, when I go to unpack, there will be boxes of junk and garbage that I will wish I threw away.  At this point, we have boxes of boxes, which is taking up more room in our apartment that anything else.  Kind of crazy.

[15...]

I'm so glad you mentioned the house insurance! never even crossed my mind! will hand that one over to my partner!, i can't believe that more and more things to do keep popping up, it's like a pandora's box, i feel like the moment one thing gets done, 10 more appear. We've found out that we need to have a water filter fitted on the tap for our drinking water, apparently it's safe to drink but tastes terrible!

You were amazing to take those old meds back to the pharmacy, well done! i've found a heap of stuff too like old antibiotics, opiates, steroids, another job for my partner! i get so anxious when i go into shops etc, it feels like my brain suddenly gets bombarded with all the stimulus and i just freeze up....

Your mum is right about having to throw out all the crap if you have packers come, last time i used packers was 30 years ago and my kids were still small, when they arrived i left the house in chaos and took the kids out for the day, when we opened the boxes after the move there was a whole heap of rubbishy stuff in there, even old newspapers and empty chip packets LOL! They had packed EVERYTHING that was there! This time i'm trying to minimise our clutter but it's hard, it's like i just want to throw everything out so i don't have to make a decision whether to keep it or not, just close my eyes and throw it out... sounds strange i know!

we are only paying by the box for the packing, the whole thing of shifting the furniture, driving to new place and putting furniture etc in new house is $2000, their hourly rate is $119 per hour (seemed to be average price for 2 man job) and of course they include the 4 hour drive there and back, i feel like money is running through my fingers like water, just have to pay it and forget it at the moment, look at that aspect of life once we are there

do you have any pets to move? we have my little kitty which i will have to take with me in the car in a basket, can't think what that 4 hour drive will be like if she miaows all the way, hopefully she'll settle with the motion of the car. I've had to buy an escape proof carrier, i really don't want her escaping once i get to the new place, that would be my worst nightmare

I've still not packed the box i was going to pack the other day, will try and do one thing today however small - wish me luck!

[15...]
Quick update - i finally packed that box! OMG it was soooo hard, i ended up with nasty hot sweats, racing heart and bp spikes but i did it! It's made me realise that its been a good idea to have the packers, also i braved the pharmacy and took back the old meds, i thought if you can do it so can i, but i wasn't quite as brave, i took them back to a different place! Not long for you now, how are you going, are your sxs manageable?

Good for you!!!  It's such a good feeling to dispose of those meds properly.  I used to just put them in the trash, but now I have read about fish that have xanax in them.  :(  Great job packing any boxes. 

So my in-laws are here now and are helping to pack.  I am not sure if my mover is being noncommital, or I am just being nervous.  I want to message him again and make sure we are confirmed but I feel like I am being a PITA.  I am probably going to do it again anyways.

I got the electricity switched and no problems with that. I have not done anything with the phone/internet/cable yet.  I have a bunch of bags in my car of stuff to give away.  My husband keeps saying we have to clean up all the dead bugs at the new house before we move in.  Yuck!  I don't remember that but I believe him that they are there.  I'm sure I blocked that out.  Why would I want to remember the dead bugs?  Ewww.

I have been very very lucky this week. No migraines and no really sick feelings.  I have been very careful about not overdoing it.  I think my in-laws think I'm just kind of crazy.  I'm pretty sure I have told them about benzos before, but I am not sure even how I told them and maybe they did not realize what  big deal it was.  In fact, I did not realize what a big deal it was until last summer, when I was flooded with negative thoughts and angry most of the time. 

I do feel much better now than I did last summer, so that is good.  I read your signature southernstar- and you had a stroke due to withdrawal?  Like, omg, I just want to give you a giant hug, because that sucks so much, and I'm so sorry that happened to you.  :mybuddy:

[15...]

Thankyou so much for your kind words and hug - yes, i had a stroke due to a rapid taper, my dr was clueless and at the time i didn't know anything about benzos. Thankfully i have fully recovered from it but it was a nasty addition to this whole sorry mess. Glad your sxs have been not too bad this week, i've been a bit up and down, thought i was heading into a nasty wave on monday but it sort of passed off, i think it was a sort of "mini-wave" (if there is such a thing). I think you are right, the way to go is to try and not overdo things. Before i forget (LOL!) the timer idea of yours has worked a treat! no more burnt saucepans of eggs!

You are getting close now! I wish i was closer to our date, i feel a bit in limbo atm. I seem to be following your lead, i packed up a few bags of stuff to give away and put them in the car to get dropped off sometime. I am crossing off things on the list (and adding some too! including Mail Redirection which i hadn't thought of!)). Sometimes i get a glimpe of what lies beyond that dreaded moving day and i'm happy we decided to go for it.

It's great that your in-laws are able to help in some way at least. We don't have any helpers really, most of my friends except one just seemed to fade out after i had the stroke, i guess it was a bit too much for them but i think the real reason was that i wasn't getting better "quickly enough", and although i tried to explain about benzos they didn't seem to get it or want to get it. Having that stroke was really the impetus for us to move. My partner and i are "secondtimearounders" and i think we both realised that life is too short to not follow at least one of your dreams. We are going to be pretty poor (financially) for a year or two but we'll get there.

Oh no...bugs!! i couldn't face clearing them up, dead or not, good luck with that one! we have to get snake repellers to put around our property, they're solar powered and i hope they work! Country life!

I found more meds! some opiates and steroids, grrr, will have to take them back - to another different pharmacy!

i think you're wise to reconfirm with your mover, i will definitely be doing that, the whole process is stressful enough (not including the benzos) and i don't want to be waiting with everything packed and they don't turn up - horror story that one! I've managed to arrange for a carpet cleaning guy to come and do the carpets, they will have to be done once the stuff is in the truck so it may be a bit of a fine line but the guy says he can be flexible on the day.

Well we are this far in now, not too much further to go, we'll keep pressing forward and we'll get there in the end - despite the bugs and snakes!

My mover has confirmed with me!!!  We are definitely going on August 19th, which is a Sunday.  Today I have to go to the bank and get a check for the lawyer with our down payment in it.  I don't think I have ever had such a large amount of money at one time.  I am loading up my car with all the garbage bags of clothes and books to give away.  I have noticed that my mother in law is not giving away my son's toys but a few of them have ended up in the trash.  I am okay with that.  The kid has way too many toys, honestly. 

I had some nasty stomach thing the night before last, and my stomach is still all messed up.  I don't know really what triggered it, but I seem to have this reaction that seems like food poisoning, even though, the other people who ate the same food, are fine.  Ugh, it is so annoying and I still seem to be suffering somewhat. 

I have done nothing about the utilities, but my father in law is an amazing packer.  He just packs, doesn't sort anything, but that is fine.  He has packed up tons of books and games and clothes.  They do not want to pack anything in G and my's bedroom, which is annoying, but I guess that's just where they are drawing the line.  I am getting rid of a bunch of clothes, or um, I want to. So far though, all I have done is throw away old, not fitting bras, and spent hours trying to match my socks. I may be spending too long on my sock.   

I totally know what you mean about friends disappearing when the shit hits the fan.  For me though, we moved here when I was kindling.  So I pretty much didn't make too many friends and the ones I did, either they moved away, or I never contacted them.  I have one friend, who is also bad at contacting people, and she is currently my best friend, though we are both terrible at keeping in contact.  LOL.  I don't know about making friends once I move,at least not right away, but I am excited to be somewhere in nature. 

My mother had a Bridge club, where once a week 8 women would meet up, and play Bridge.  They rotated houses.  I think that would be an ideal way to have some friends.  Maybe someday.  I still want to do something for people going through benzo withdrawal, or at least take this experience and make something positive about it.  I haven't figured out what, yet. 

My husband is going to commute an hour and a half to our new country house.  I can't help but feel bad and a bit guilty about this.  It's not my fault though, but it isn't his fault either.  If I was working, this probably would have turned out much differently, as we could have moved somewhere for my work and his job would not have been so important.  As it stands, I am not even sure what kind of work I would do or could do, though, as life moves on, I've seen some real incompetent people working, and I often thing, "Hell, I could even do that job during benzo withdrawal, better than that guy!"  so maybe I'm gaining some confidence.  LOL. 

[15...]

Oh wow, you are so nearly there, definitely on the runway now! How are you feeling about it? I'm feeling excited for you! Glad you mentioned getting rid of old bras, i went straight to my drawer and got out 6 that are useless and haven't been worn for years, definitely to be gone! Gosh I remember moving when my kids were young, all the toys! although these days we seem to have boxes and boxes of books

Hope your stomach issue has settled, i had a nasty wave over the weekend and i was very nauseous, it's horrible and i'm so done with it all. When i went to the solicitor to put down our deposit i was literally shaking, it was sooo weird to be giving away so much money and i was really terrified....lucky you to have your FIL packing, no matter that he just puts things in the box without sorting! I think thats what i would do! and i have a feeling that the packers do that as well except maybe for plates and kitchen stuff, don't know, will be finding out soon!

I'm excited at being in nature too, and it may be that will make up for your hubby's long commute, don't feel too guilty about it as it's obviously something you have decided to do together and you never know what can turn up in a new place. My partner is giving up work for a while so we'll be pretty poor! I can't see me ever working again tbh, maybe something small, i have a friend in the place we are going to that has a small gift shop and she says i could go in for her sometimes when she has to go somewhere, i think that would be ok to start with. I still get pretty revved up by being with people or going out places, i've been pretty much housebound for the past 7 months, and the few friends i have left don't seem to get it, they're musicians and can't understand why i can't manage going to their gigs with all the loud noise and being overstimulated. I think the Bridge club thing is a great idea, something to definitely think about when that lovely someday comes....i've lost a lot of confidence through all of this, i'm hoping that this move will allow me to think of it as an achievement and boost me up a bit

I hope that when i'm finally over this i can do something to help fellow sufferers too, there's a guy on this site that has done a template warning people about benzos and he prints out the flyers and sticks them up near drs rooms and even in the magazines in the rooms themselves! That is something i can definitely see me doing!

I find myself thinking "what will it be like on the day when i finally drive off and it's seriously underway", no doubt the actual moving day will be chaotic so hopefully i won't have to think too much! just focus on that long drive with fingers crossed! i think sunday is a great day to move, mine is a wednesday which feels a bit strange being in the middle of the week - don't know why!

keep me posted, i know you'll be flat out very soon, let me know of any last little things that you found needed doing - i may have the same! looking forward as well to hearing your tips after the "big day"!

I feel very accomplished right now.  I was on the phone for over ONE HOUR with the idiot men at the internet/tv/phone company.  They could not find my address on their map, and then, they started to question my address.  It was so ridiculous.  This one guy, I told him to try the abbreviation for road, "rd" when putting the address in, and he was like, "Oh yes, rd is not a different address, it is an abbreviation for road.  An abbreviation is a shortened version of a word."  !!!!  What gall for him to tell me what the definition of an abbreviation is.  UGH.

I felt like these guys were so incompetent and sexist.  When they couldn't find my address in their system, they just start trying to tell me that my address isn't what I think it is.  Then they start telling me that maybe there is no internet where we are going.  This really had us panicked a bit.  I ended up searching up the old owner's phone # and was able to call in today, give a WOMAN that information, and she had NO PROBLEMS at all, and we are getting internet, phone and tv service installed on Friday. 

Also that sexist guy also asked me if my town was any where near "neeah-geera", which I had never heard of, and then I figure out he was trying to say NIAGARA.  UGH.  Who lives in Canada and does not know how to pronounce Niagara??!!!  Bunch of idiots, I tell you.  I'm pretty sure I feel this way every time I have to deal with these internet/phone/tv companies. 

[15...]

Hi Simplitic

This group is for those of us that are physically moving house in the near future. You sound as those you may have a fair bit of experience with moving! please chime in if you want to.

[15...]

Hi GreenCup

OMG you have certainly gotten mad over those phone/internet guys!! what a crazy experience, i would call that a major achievement to have stuck with it and come out successful! I have huge difficulty talking on the phone these days, even a normal conversation seems to rev me up so i take my hat off to you. We have had a similar problem in that the house we are buying is on a double block so it has 2 numbers as the address, when my partner contacted our internet supplier he only gave one of the numbers and they wouldn't put the change through as he only knew one of the numbers....Duh!....we didn't know it was officially a 2 number address, finally after he contacted the solicitor and agent it was explained. I tell you what i don't ever want to move again, this house has to be our forever house!

I had to laugh at the "nea-geera"! i think i would have put the phone down there and then out of sheer panic!

we now have another expense we didn't need, some idiot rode by on a bike and put a slingshot through our window leaving 2 big holes so now we have to replace the window. how crazy is that? i was in the room at the time and thought it was a gunshot, the crack was so loud. I rang the police and they came around and said they had to treat it like a drive-by shooting LOL! of course the idiot won't be found and we just have to replace it - no more stress PLEASE!!

Hope you're on track, just a few days now, 3 weeks for me and it's feeling so slow, have you cleaned up the bugs?!

Oh Southern Star- that's so frustrating about the two number address.  This morning our internet went out for a few minutes and I got really nervous that they had shut it off early. They are so stupid, the don't listen to the customers at all about this stuff.

OMG, a sling shot?  Where are you?  The Wild West?  LOL.  That's just crazy that they had to treat it like a drive by shooting.  Looking forward to the country?  No drive by shootings there, hopefully. 

We went to visit our house yesterday and I went to the local grocery store and the hardware store.  I am very satisfied with everything so far.  The sellers of the house even left us a bottle of champagne with a note that said, "Good Luck!".  I teared up when I saw it, it was just so sweet. 

I have to contact those internet jerks again, about shutting things off here, at the old address.  And the electricity too.  Oh and I have to cancel my newspaper.  I almost forgot about that.  I cannot figure out how to get the mail at our new house.  There's a bunch of locked up mailboxes at the end of the street, but they don't have the house numbers on them.  Also, I don't think that we got a key.  I might have to go to the post office. 

I am so annoyed that I am not done with my taper.  I will get there and taper, and just be sick again, and not meet anyone.  :(  I am having all kinds of grand thoughts with jobs and buying land or animals or both, when I am feeling okay, and then I just get slammed with symptoms again.  I was having this idea that I really wanted to have a horse, which we can't do at the place we just bought.  My husband is open to getting a different place in the future, if I really want to have a horse.  So last night I dreamt I got a horse, and he just sat in the yard, being very very sad and neglected, while I didn't take of him. 

• Popular Now

• [Lo...]