Immune to benzos???

[Be...]

Without getting into it, took 1.5 mg Xanax yesterday. It did absolutely nothing and sort of made me more anxious than if I didn’t. My tinnitus actual got a bit worse also. This happen to anyone in which a rescue dose did absolutely nothing?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [al...]

• [Ma...]

• [so...]

[4a...]

dude youve made it through the fire, you seem to be ok overall beyond the lingering symptoms, maaaaan, just no with taking anything now.

you know this. no benzos for benzofree

Without getting into it, took 1.5 mg Xanax yesterday. It did absolutely nothing and sort of made me more anxious than if I didn’t. My tinnitus actual got a bit worse also. This happen to anyone in which a rescue dose did absolutely nothing?

Taking a benzo? Wow... very smart you are.

Wow! Like getting burned and putting your hand back into the fire. Rescue dose? Rescue from what? I don’t get it.

Unexpected client meeting, not a traditional “rescue dose” as others may define it. I feel completely fine today - actually better since my jaw isn’t hurting at all finally. 3 beers last night also afterwards.

My question was whether benzos strength is diminished on the individual following this ordeal?

For some people benzos stop working completely.  If this is the case, I would be careful about taking any again - I have seen people try to take a rescue dose and end up with symptoms much worse than the symptoms they took the dose for.  Just from what I have seen, this happens more often to people who have benzos "stop" working for them.  I'd hate to see you set yourself way back in an attempt to get a few hours of relief.

Unexpected client meeting, not a traditional “rescue dose” as others may define it. I feel completely fine today - actually better since my jaw isn’t hurting at all finally. 3 beers last night also afterwards.

My question was whether benzos strength is diminished on the individual following this ordeal?

If you can drink alcohol without completely ruining your recovery, you're not really damaged then and not in real withdrawal.

You don't have a clue what suffering is. Maybe if you drink 20 beers, you will finally find out. If not, you're really lucky then.

For some people benzos stop working completely.  If this is the case, I would be careful about taking any again - I have seen people try to take a rescue dose and end up with symptoms much worse than the symptoms they took the dose for.  Just from what I have seen, this happens more often to people who have benzos "stop" working for them.  I'd hate to see you set yourself way back in an attempt to get a few hours of relief.

:thumbsup:

You have said "it did absolutely nothing"  but you have also said "it sort of made me more anxious than if I didn't" and

"my tinnitus actual got a bit worse also".  I think you have answered your own question.  You are not immune to benzos

There are no rescue doses once you're off. That's called reinstating. The drug turns on people. You're done with it. It won't work for you anymore. It will only cause you pain. Stay away. This should prove it you.

Thanks for the answers. Let me rephrase - prior to c/t, they did as advertised with regards to calming and anxiety (at certain doses). Once you go through this all (yes I did), are they usually not effective? I guess this question would go to those who have reinstated / taken various rescue doses.

You have said "it did absolutely nothing"  but you have also said "it sort of made me more anxious than if I didn't" and

"my tinnitus actual got a bit worse also".  I think you have answered your own question.  You are not immune to benzos

True, thanks Fiona. I guess I was wondering if this is common.

I don't think anybody is immune to benzos. I think you answered your own question, and you are the only one accountable to your own self. I am so traumatized with this crap, I don't want to ever touch it again. But then again, never say never. I am solely relying on brething techniques, relaxations, meditation, praying, affirmations, visualization, and exercise to deal with my fears and anxiety. It is helping me...I suggest you do the same!

I don't think anybody is immune to benzos. I think you answered your own question, and you are the only one accountable to your own self. I am so traumatized with this crap, I don't want to ever touch it again. But then again, never say never. I am solely relying on brething techniques, relaxations, meditation, praying, affirmations, visualization, and exercise to deal with my fears and anxiety. It is helping me...I suggest you do the same!

Well I asked because I had a semi panic attack after taking it, which has never happened. Is this common?

Am I reading right? After the "rescue dose" you also drank 3 beer. Then developed a panic attack and your tinitus was rising.

Then you wondered if you are immune to benzos.

These chemicals have ALWAYS an impact on your system. How should they not? Even you think you are not noticing anything, your liver for example has to deal with it. Why do you think people shall not take antibiotics at the same time with alcohol? They won't notice anything but its so dangerous because the liver cannot handle 2 poisons at the same time.

I am wondering why you still have the pills?

Look on other addictions. Ask ex-Alcoholics. The same thing.

Am I reading right? After the "rescue dose" you also drank 3 beer. Then developed a panic attack and your tinitus was rising.

Then you wondered if you are immune to benzos.

These chemicals have ALWAYS an impact on your system. How should they not? Even you think you are not noticing anything, your liver for example has to deal with it. Why do you think people shall not take antibiotics at the same time with alcohol? They won't notice anything but its so dangerous because the liver cannot handle 2 poisons at the same time.

I am wondering why you still have the pills?

Look on other addictions. Ask ex-Alcoholics. The same thing.

Panic attack was after taking benzo - beer came much later in the night. My question was isolated to the effectiveness of the benzo itself, there was no sedative or relaxing effect. Aren’t rescue doses suppose to provide temporary relief with hell to pay after?

Actually keeping benzos in your home after Jumping is just a set up to use again. That's what my post was about that I wrote this morning. It's an excuse to use again.

Actually keeping benzos in your home after Jumping is just a set up to use again. That's what my post was about that I wrote this morning. It's an excuse to use again.

Valid point - I’m just not there yet.

Responding specifically to your question.  There's no "supposed to", each individual will have their own experience.  Regarding the effectiveness of the benzo itself, next time you could up the dose and see if that meets your expectations.  Another option is to discuss with your doctor as there are other benzos besides the main four which you could trial and find one that suits you.

[7e...]
Panic attack was after taking benzo - beer came much later in the night. My question was isolated to the effectiveness of the benzo itself, there was no sedative or relaxing effect. Aren’t rescue doses suppose to provide temporary relief with hell to pay after?

Supposing anything with benzos is a huge mistake.

They’re ‘supposed’ to help patients, they’re ‘supposed’ to NOT cause the problems we have that are then falsely diagnosed as MS, CFS, fibromyalgia, Parkinson’s, and a host of other frightening and crippling problems.

Every single problem we are in that is related to benzos is because the things that were ‘supposed’ to happen, sooner or later, became things that were NOT supposed to happen, and often are then treated as figments of our imaginations.

Someone who walked away relatively unscathed isn’t going to need a ‘rescue’ dose – that’s for sudden steep cuts, or the type of emergency room situation that can occur when someone is in the thick of acute withdrawal/post-withdrawal, IMO.

To be totally off drugs and functioning, and then to elect to pop a Xanax is, as others already mentioned, a deliberate choice, and a potentially dangerous one.

There are many other ways to stop anxiety or panic attacks, and they work a whole lot better than benzos. :thumbsup:

Responding specifically to your question.  There's no "supposed to", each individual will have their own experience.  Regarding the effectiveness of the benzo itself, next time you could up the dose and see if that meets your expectations.

True - I’m just puzzled since a 1.5 mg of Xanax would normally mellow me out and I figured my tolerance decreased over the past few months. Guess I learned my lessson on this one.