hello i'm french and decided stop my benzos

[...]

I join benzobuddies because I need support.

I've taken 8 lorazepam 10 mg and 5: 0,1mg clonazepam during 8 years.Everything prescribed by a doctor never saying me the danger.

I decided to stop after reed the prof ashton and many others.

I start to stop clonazepam 2 days ago begening by clonazepam:half

of 0,1 mg.I would like to decrease like that every week.

after I attack lorazepam. Can you tell me if it's correct?

thank you all

edit: user name removed from title

Hello Caty,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies, we're happy that you've joined the forum.  There is much good information and support for you as you taper from benzos and begin to recover from their use.  Yes, most of us were prescribed benzos by our doctors and overall most of us were not given information regarding the dangers of long term use, more than 2-3 weeks.

You are taking both lorazepam and clonazepam and you are also making the right decision to taper just one medication at a time. However, usually the short acting benzo is tapered first, that would be the lorazepam. Clonazepam has a much longer half life.  Additionally, reducing your dose by half is far to much and can bring on some strong withdrawal symptoms.

Since you've been taking these medications for years, it's important to taper very slowly. Generally, a reduction of no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days is suggested. I'll give you a link to the General Taper Plans for additional information.

I'll also give you a link to the Ashton Manual. It is an excellent resource about these types of drugs and how to withdraw. The manual was written by Dr. Heather Ashton, an expert in the field.

Take some time and read the information you see on the forum.  Once you've done that you can plan a slow and sensible taper.  We're here to encourage you as you work towards being benzo free.  It might take a while since you are on two different drugs, but it can be done.  Please do ask questions, we're here to help.

General Taper Plans 

The Ashton Manual

pianogirl  :)

Hi Caty,

Welcome, so glad you joined this great community!  You’ll find great support and guidance here.  From what I understand you cut your clonazepam in half 2 days ago.  I’m a long term use of Clonazepam and really hope you check out the links pianogirl posted.  I’m concerned that is too fast to taper, as I’ve experienced it before.  Are you able to go back up and take the full 1mg until you get a taper plan?  There are different methods you can use to do a safe and slow withdrawal from both Lorazepam and Clonazepam. 

Wishing you the best!  You’re in the right place  :smitten: 

Love,

Uni

thanks all to reply so soon :)

in fact I decreased just half a drop of 0,1 clonazepam, starting 5 drops of 0,1

is it all right? After I'll stop 6 lorazepambut slowly.

I've chozen begining clonazepam because I'm already very bad: pain insomnia very tired and depressed.

I've reed prof Aston and I think I'm already in "tolerance".

what do you think about that?Excuse my english I hope you understand me!

thank you for support!!!

I dont'know if we can say personnal things whih you, but probably like many others, I've lost everything with benzos: my job, my husband, my friends. very sad

Caty,

I don’t quite understand the drops?  Are you taking clonazepam in liquid? 

So, 1mg of clonazepam or .1mg? 

And 6mg lorazepam (lysanxya)?

I’m sorry fo all the loss you’ve been through.  Yes you can talk about personal things on the site.  I hope you have support in some form.  You’ll be supported here. 

My concern is that you go slow and not drop too much too fast with either of the benzos you’re taking. 

I'm very sorry you have lost so much because of benzos.  It can be so frustrating.  I'm not sure what you mean by drop.  Are you saying half the pill?  Or half the dose?  Or are you using liquid clonazepam?

for me drop is liquid I didn't find the word

I take 5 little balls of liquid of 0,1 mg clonazepam and I tappered half of one little ball of liquid.

I take too 6 pills of prazepam 10 mg.

The road is very long? I hope to do it

What do you think about hospital for stopping?

In france the doctors think there is quite no dependance and the stop very quikly!

hello caty,

Could you provide a link to each of the benzos you are taking, so that we can understand better? It could be to pages in French, no problem.

Caty,

I made the mistake of going to a detox center who told me they could get me off very quickly and safely.  They did get me off quickly but it was not humane and the experience was horror.  I would not go to a hospital for this, if I were in your shoes.  I had to reinstate and increase my dose to stabilize after that experience.  A cold turkey experience is unlike any other and I would strongly encourage you to get help here coming up with a reasonable taper.

Uni

I definitely recommend going slowly, at your own pace, at home.  I would not want to go to a hospital and have them just replace the benzos with other medications, and tell me my withdrawal symptoms are some other "underlying anxiety".