Ambien tapering question - please help!

[Kt...]

Hello. I'm so desperate and would love your help!

I got hooked on ambien after taking it for only a week - terrible withdrawal symptoms when I tried to stop. I decided to taper off using a scale - 5mg = 0.065g on my scale.

I started the taper at 0.043g (around 3mg) and stabilised on that for a week. I had terrible withdrawal and anxiety every evening from 5pm, but once I took the pill I slept well all through the night, and was ok for most of the day. I then reduced to 0.042g and 0.041g over the next 2 weeks and things were the same.

Then, stupidly, I was upset and agitated one night, so I took a dose of 0.075g, thinking that one night wouldn't make a difference. But when I tried to go back to the plan of 0.041g, by the second night I was having withdrawal symptoms all through the night and zero sleep. It is possible that only one night of the higher dose got me hooked on that dose?!

So I then decided to split the difference and have now been taking 0.064g for the last few nights. But at this dose I get only 4 hours sleep before I am woken up by palpitations and withdrawal, and I suffer unbearable anxiety and withdrawal all day. My question is, do I need to go back up to 0.075g to reduce the symptoms, and then taper from there? Or is it better to stick and 0.064g and suffer the withdrawal? Am I taking too much or not enough? I need to get as much sleep as i can as I'm also recovering from concussion 6 weeks ago and I feel desperate and trapped. 

Thank you in advance