I did benzos 5 years ago now Valerian did the same to me

[pa...]

I successfully left benzos 5 years ago, it was horrible but I did it, now my menopause gave my anxiety and somebody recommended valerian, I started taking it and ALL THE SYMPTOMS FROM BENZO CAME BACK a good friend of mine who opened my eyes to benzos told me to be careful with valerian so I stopped immediately and had all the bad symptoms again so I had to start taking the valerian and taper off.  it took me a week at the time to tapper off one drop at the time.  When I started I was having 2 500mg valerian 3 times a day as I was advised to do and I had to get some drops,  each drop was .37 mg so I did 5 the first day and the symptoms went away but it took a month to drop it down to one drop a day and 2 weeks latter I am still having some of the symptoms,  I NEVER THOUGHT THAT A HERBAL SUPPLEMENT WOULD DO THIS TO ME

I needed to taper off valerian, it has been 2 weeks with out it but I am struggling with the withdraws,  I am taking ashwandha and it helps but know I am afraid to be taking the ashwandha,  my mind is spinning  I felt better the first week but I am so scared to do something wrong again  .  any suggestions? 

Oh my goodness, that's terrible.  I would also have never thought an herbal supplement would do that.  :'(  I'm so sorry that happened to you.  Anyone would be upset about a supposedly harmless herbal supplement putting them back in the throes of withdrawal. 

Thats terrible. sorry you have to go through that. I have no side effects from herbs like valerian, I even profit from them..

I also do not have side effects from valerian...i drink 2-3 cups of tea/a day with valerian and a 600mg pill at night. it hardly calm me down and give me some relief...a bit, not significant.