Need advice Housebound and possibly getting worse at .019 Xanax (.4 valium equiv

[li...]

Hi buddies,

I have tapered from .03 to .019 Xanax over the past 11 weeks.  Over those weeks I have gone from being 90 percent functional and healed to housebound and bedbound most of the time.

My anxiety has almost diminished but I have terrible fatigue/ weakness/ loss of stamina/ exercise intolerance

I basically crashed at .03 after doing some intense exercise and it just kinda went downhill from there. There were a few days where it got better, but I think I overdid it and then slowly less and less function.

Last week I was able to walk to the store. Now this week I can make it to the bathroom and cook, but that's about it.

I have been holding here for about 2 weeks now. I am wondering if I should continue to hold here and try to stabilize or if this tiny dose is just too low and should just continue down over the next few weeks. This equivalency is about .4 Valium

I'm afraid because I live alone. If it gets much worse , I feel I will be in trouble

With that low of a dose,  perhaps jumping would be ok, just  asking as I am  tapering xanax now.

I would jump!

So sorry you are going through this, I have almost finished my Xanax reduction journey as well. I am jumping next week at .0625. I am not having side effects though at this time. 

I would consider jumping if you feel safe doing so.

Things that have helped me are magnesium, diet and changing my mindset. Eliminating sugar and most carbs have really helped the anxiety. No more ups and downs. For the agoraphobia slowly changing my thoughts through mindfulness, meditation and self reflection have helped tremendously.

Wishing you wellness and healing.

Hi Linnie,

I would continue holding if I were you.

Holding helps lots of people, and I have the idea that getting off isn't as important as healing as we go down. With an uptick in sxs the way you describe then a hold can do wonders.

My intention is to walk off, no jumping for me, as I've read about lots of people who went down to fumes and walked off with few sxs....

So that can be us!

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

Hi Linnie..

Sorry u r getting hit now... Its hard for the mind to grasp..

As you know, we are all different and sometimes it comes down to a gut feeling...

I tried to jump at 0.5v at xmas..

I got hit a couple of months out, but I had been dose alternating the last of it as I kept forgetting my dose, so I went with it and faded out more doses.. -NOT a great way to do it.. -The joys of pill splitting...

Anyway, I went back to 0.25v and have been holding 4 months (i think)..

Its been real interesting -Intense, though not terrible, but so many old and new SX cycling through, and a real feeling of healing and a "clear freshness" when things are good...

I am starting to feel ready for the next step now... -either crumbs or steping off..

Perhaps holding longer might make things clearer if you are unsure...

Either way, well done on getting to this point...

:)

"Low n slow, the way to go.."

:)