Desperate for advice on how to taper off Valium (just crossed)

[Bu...]

: July 16, 2018, 02:27:15 am »

QuoteModifyRemove

I started .5 mg of Klonopin mid-May due to some stressful medical testing.  After 2.5 weeks I went off cold turkey and 2 days later had a panic attack and paresthesia.  My doctor switched me to Ativan to wean off the Klonopin and I spent two weeks going from 1.5 mg to 1 mg (probably too fast) where I then held for a month because the withdrawal was so bad (vomiting in the morning, loss of appetite, tingling, stiff muscles, headaches, insomnia, anxiety).  I'm now crossing over to Valium and want advice on how to taper.  I was only on the drug for 2.5 weeks and this happened.  I think I'm very sensitive to medication.  I did a direct cross-over from Ativan to Valium and it's day 4.  I'm starting to feel a little better, sleeping a bit more and some of the anxiety has subsided.  Whenever I take the 5 mg of Valium at night I do sweat a lot though.  I was at 1 mg of Ativan before I jumped and currently taking 12.5 mg of Valium a day (2.5 three times a day and then 5 mg at night)  Any thoughts would be very helpful.  I'm planning on stabilizing on the Valium for another 2 weeks and then start my taper.  It's now exactly 2 months into this process and I'm very frustrated.