How Long Did It Take For Your Intense Brain Zaps to Stop?

[ge...]

Hi,

I'm 6 weeks C/T and have been having the worst brain zaps.  They last 1-5 hours, 2-3 times a day.  I am in bed the entire time.  It feels like my head is being zapped by a very strong electrical current. 

I know everyone's different.  I'm just wondering how long it took for your intense long lasting brain zaps to stop?

Thank you,

I am SO sorry no one else answered you!!!

Brain zaps are very very normal. Benzos do affect the brain, and when you suddenly stop taking them, the brain goes a little haywire for some time. Your brain is always, always, trying to heal itself, through chemical shifts, and other truly interesting methods. I know I had awful brain zaps for about 2 months, I think. It did feel like I was being mildly electrocuted. Truly awful. I couldnt get out of bed during them either. I tried to distract myself in any way I could think of. But realistically, I was also having dozens of other symptoms at the same time. I was ONE HOT MESS back then!

This symptom will go away. Just take it easy and learn as much as you can about how to cope with your symptoms, how to distract yourself from it all, even if just for a moment.

Thank you for replying.  I'm almost 7 weeks into this.  I'm now waking up with intense morning anxiety and for two days straight I had to get out of bed right away and go walk several miles. 

You can't make this stuff up how weird this is.

Getting, I am amazed!!! that you sleep at night. I sure didnt. For a full year all I got was "micro sleeps." Moments when the brain blanks out - its a protection so you do not die from lack of sleep.

Morning anxiety is very common. I think its because we realize we are facing yet another day of weird, unpleasant symptoms, with no known end in sight. Morning panic attacks are also common. I had those. I also had evening panic attacks, as my mind knew I was nopt going to get real sleep that night.

Oh heavens - why do governments continue to let this crap go on and on??? Some countries are more up to date than the USA. The USA lags behind Britain and Canada and Australia, I think.

On a positive note, the morning anxiety/panicky energy and the brain zaps are pretty much my only two symptoms (anything other symptoms are related to them).