Depersonalization Disorder

[Ti...]

Does anyone here have Depersonalization disorder? I've suffered fro it most of my life which is at least 30 years. It's caused by trauma, abuse, or neglect. I've had anxiety all my life and it's been overwhelming. I'd like to hear from others how you can have super anxiety and things look unreal and go off benzos. That alone leads to more depersonalization. How can I do this?

I have D.I.D. ( Dissociative Identity Disorder) that started when I was about 4 years old and then blossomed throughout my life. While this is not identical to depersonalization disorder, some of the states of mind experienced by the two are similar. Sometimes I simply have to ground myself - remind myself where I am, feel my feet on the floor, touch surfaces, pet the dogs, do mundane tasks, and let myself get out of my mind by focusing on grounding myself and on doing other things. It's not an easy road and I empathize completely. All we can do is find the best ways to cope, tell ourselves that our minds are lying to us, and try to ground ourselves as best as possible.