Clonazepam generic change

[Da...]

I recently was changed from Teva to Mylan as the manufacturer for my 0.5 mg Clonazepam.    I am not doing well.  More than likely, there are posts addressing this, but I was unable to find any.  If someone is out there experiencing a similar situation, I would appreciate a comment.    Also, has anyone tried the Actavis Clonazepam that is now being distributed by Teva?    Thank you in advance and good wishes for all

I was changed from Teva to Mylan. I got one script for Mylan now they are changing me to Actavis. It took me a few days to get used to the Mylan. I haven't tried the Actavis yet as I'm not out of the Mylan yet. I hope they quit screwing with these generics. It's a pain in the butt. Please keep me posted on your switch to Actavis. I hear that Actavis is the closest thing to Teva. I hope so.

I was originally on 1mg of Mylan and cutting it down until I reached 3/8mg once a day at bedtime and was doing pretty good.  I went to my doc and asked about getting 1/2mg pills instead of the 1mg making it easier to cut down and the pharmacy gave me half Actavis and half Sandoz.  I started with the Actavis, and after about 5-7 days started having wd's (increase in anxiety, nausea/upset stomach, dark thoughts, etc) for about three days.  I'm guessing the Actavis is weaker than the Mylan, my dosage didn't change, so that is the only thing I can think of.  I haven't tried the Sandoz yet.  I would def prefer to be on the Mylan, but I'm starting to balance out now.

This problem is happening all across the US. It’s been going on for a couple of months now.

Several of the big drug companies have discontinued making some of the different benzos, and no one from what I can tell knows why. There are smaller company’s kind of “moving in” is the way I guess I would describe it.

I have spent a lot of time calling the different companies myself just to find out why this is happening, and they say it is a “business decision.” These companies have to notify the FDA when they have a shortage or discontinue a drug, and I have seen this on their website, but I have great difficulty navigating that website. All of this has basically come by other people noticing this across the country.

The FDA is required to make sure the market for a drug meets the supply of a drug, and the FDA isn’t concerned about all these generic changes because they maintain one generic is the same as another. I’ve spoken with the FDA also and heard that basically “all the generics are the same” for any particular drug.

This has become a very upsetting story for me personally since I’ve done so much investigating.

Well, it’s for sure that we can’t taper from a drug if we don’t have the drug. And a lot of us are very sensitive to these changes whether a drug company, a doctor, or the FDA acknowledges that or not. And there a few people here who are not so sensitive. I also want this to settle down so we can get on with the business of tapering.

Sometimes the new fillers can set off a sensitive CNS. But I never did like Mylan anyway. I preferred my Teva.

I talked to a pharmacist and she acknowledged that the fillers can definitely have an affect on persons who are sensitive.  How can the FDA say, "NO.?"

I also called my pharmacist and he says he gets in whatever is available.  It can vary from month to month!  Can you imagine?! 

I called another pharmacist and she says from her data base she sees that there is plenty of TEVA available.  Some insurances will allow a dr. to script for up to 6 months worth if you are having

issues.  So you have 6 months to work with.  My pharmacist said that my insurance co. only will allow my dr. to script up to 3 months if I am sensitive and in need.

I am currently on NorthStar, my phamacist said.  I was told that I could get TEVA from the other pharmacy that says they have plenty, but not sure if making the switch would mess me up.  But staying at my current pharmacy means I might get whatever they decide to get in at any given time.

Any advice?

I use my insurance for online prescriptions. I get a 90 day supply and it’s always the same brand. I also don’t have to pay for them. Maybe you have this kind of insurance?

And maybe she doesn’t. I don’t.

And plenty of people don’t.

I’ve never gotten any medication online, and I’ve always had insurance. Not familiar with this.

Maybe it’s just mine though my last insurance did that same thing. You have to ask for it as they don’t promote it. Maybe I just got lucky.

That’s probably it BG.

Didn’t mean to be a smart aleck. Just a bit dazed from yesterday with the BIC presentation on NBC with Lester Holt.

Sometimes better to not watch news like this. Too short, too fast. Uneducating. Doctors trying to educate when obvious THEY NEED EDUCATING.

Wish I felt like those birds chirping outside right now, or my sleepy relaxed little cat.

Got off subject here. Sorry.