Want to switch to liquid taper but not sure how much to start with

[fo...]

Hi everyone. I have been tapering off of 1 mg of clonazepam since March of this year. I decided to go the Compounding Pharmacy Route and go down by .1 every 30 days. The last two months however I have held it at .7 because I've been in a terrifying wave. I'm starting to think that the compounding pharmacy capsules are not a good fit for my body and are making this taper very very difficult. I am incredibly paranoid almost everyday and I did not have that symptom when I titrated off of clonazepam before about 4 years ago.

I would like to try liquid titration but because I'm at . 7 I'm not really sure how that would translate into liquid titration. I don't want to screw it up. Is anyone have any suggestions?

Hi everyone. I have been tapering off of 1 mg of clonazepam since March of this year. I decided to go the Compounding Pharmacy Route and go down by .1 every 30 days. The last two months however I have held it at .7 because I've been in a terrifying wave. I'm starting to think that the compounding pharmacy capsules are not a good fit for my body and are making this taper very very difficult. I am incredibly paranoid almost everyday and I did not have that symptom when I titrated off of clonazepam before about 4 years ago.

I would like to try liquid titration but because I'm at . 7 I'm not really sure how that would translate into liquid titration. I don't want to screw it up. Is anyone have any suggestions?

Combine 5mg K with 10ml vodka or propylene glycol and add 40ml water.  This will give a true uniformly distributed solution, .1mg per ml.  It will be about a 1 week supply.

Lets try a .003mg/day reduction  m(approx 4%/2 weeks)

Your daily schedule will be:

.7mg        7ml

.697        6.97ml

.694mg    6.94ml

.691mg    6.91ml

etc...

Just reduce you dose by .03ml (.003mg) each day.

What benefit, if any, would there be to taking either one of these mediums that you mentioned?  vodka or propylene glycol

Hi foolscapfire :smitten:

I'm sorry that you have been going through all this ordeal.

Maybe you are right when talking about kindling. Worst withdrawal experiences I happened to read always seem to have something to do with several stops/starts of the taper over the time combined with different psychotropic drugs taken. People feel in those cases strong symptoms although the reduction is very low. They can't seem to find a stabilized point in order to start a new taper from there.

As for the liquid taper, it consists of transforming high density drug (liquid, tablets) to diluted solution where tiny doses can be drawn up with a syringe. It is a simple operation and it allows accuracy for the doses. It mainly consists of using a very small volume of alcohol to dissolve tablets. When done, water is added to make up the final solution. I propose you have a look here: http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/titration/titrationHelp.htm?help=Help . If questions, please ask.

I currently have limited access to computer. I'll do my best to reply whenever possible.

What benefit, if any, would there be to taking either one of these mediums that you mentioned?  vodka or propylene glycol

They are both known, proven solvents that will let you make a uniformly distributed solution.  (They are the same solvents (alcohol and PG) that pharma mfgrs use to manufacture Rx liquid benzo solutions.

Using a dilute liquid will allow you make very tiny changes in your dosage, .01 (hundredths) mg, or even .001 (thousandths) mg.

Where can we get syringes that go as low as you say, builder?  I only have a 20 ml. and a 10 ml.  The pharmacy gave them away free.  Not sure just how accurate they'd be then.  I think they give them for use with infant meds.

1)  As long as you use the same device consistently, accuracy is not important.

2)  Better quality syringes are readily available from Amazon.

someone suggested a 1 ml syringe.  Where can you get one that is that small?

Readily available on Amazon, and most pharmacies will give you one (or several) free.