Candida/yeast

[Sc...]

Has anyone here dealt with an overgrowth of candida? I am having tons of GI problems, a yeast infection, itchy dry feet, small bumps on my skin that itch, and of course a million symptoms (could be withdrawal or candida related). I'm not gonna lie I'm freaking out and really paranoid right now. I started the candida diet and see my GI to confirm a stool test Tuesday but I'm so scared. I've read that systemic candida can kill you and idk how bad mine is. If anyone has had issues with candida, what treatment worked for you? I'm sorry, my anxiety is running away from me and I've been crying nonstop about this. I'm scared. Thanks for your time. 💜

I have this, I worried about it at some point too; nothing really to be done and it's really a paper tiger. If you look at the candida forums it's like a pandoras box. Search google for Oral Thrush, there you will see the extreme cases tat are dangerous, I believe that is not your case.

Benzo withdrawal makes you overestimate danger and underestimate your coping skills, just do all you can for it; I am willing to bet this too shall pass, and it will be just a memory like it is for me.  :thumbsup:

This was my number one health anxiety diagnosis.  I went on a Candida diet for 2 years just to shut my worries up, but truly it wasn't necessary.  Like most symptoms,  all of the candida-type stuff went away in a flash,  returned now and again, sometimes for weeks, days.  Please avoid the online Candida forums for the sake of your mental wellness.  They're extremely confusing, alarming, etc.  I know it's hard to cope with physical symptoms of withdrawal like this, but I promise you that's what they are.  There's no intervention necessary on your part besides basic self-care, distraction, and coping with the symptoms as best you can.  Take care, WR

Thank you both for your replies seriously. It has been a frightening journey for me and I can only imagine how frightening for the both of you. I cant even fathom how this withdrawal causes so much. My brain just refuses to wrap around it but I'm trying to accept it. You're right... I do need to stay away from the forums lol. Damn anxiety gets the best of you and makes you think the worst.

I had candida in my esophagus after I was floxed (basically cold turkey off of Klonopin, because CIPRO competes with benzos for GABA receptors).

They even checked me for HIV (negative), because normally healthy people don't have that kind of candidiasis. I was freaking out, was afraid I'd die, etc. I took diflucan for 10 days and it wasn't fun. Took care of candida, though. A year later I'm still alive :)

What kinds of symptoms did you have for the esophagus candida? Just curious but yeah man these benzos screw you up. If I have to do the Diflucan I will just scared its gonna make my symptoms worse. I'm glad you're doing alot better.

Unless you are immunosuppressed with some kind of an awful disease, there is no need to worry about candidiasis which can only kill to people whose their immune system are very compromised. You may want to watch your sugar intake, take some coconut oil, olive leaf extract, probiotics. There is some controversy about taking oregano oil during benzo withdrawal/recovery, but it is very effective to kill candida.

Yeah I don't eat much sugar to begin with and I'm stating probiotics today when I can pick them up. I eat extremely healthy too. Thanks for the encouragement and ideas. It helps alot.

This was my number one health anxiety diagnosis.  I went on a Candida diet for 2 years just to shut my worries up, but truly it wasn't necessary.  Like most symptoms,  all of the candida-type stuff went away in a flash,  returned now and again, sometimes for weeks, days.  Please avoid the online Candida forums for the sake of your mental wellness.  They're extremely confusing, alarming, etc.  I know it's hard to cope with physical symptoms of withdrawal like this, but I promise you that's what they are.  There's no intervention necessary on your part besides basic self-care, distraction, and coping with the symptoms as best you can.  Take care, WR

Are you saying that it's just part of the withdrawal/healing process that will resolve itself (given good self care)? I've seen a couple other stating something similar and have wondered about this. I've seen a few say wait it out and after healing treat it if it's still an issue.

Are you saying that it's just part of the withdrawal/healing process that will resolve itself (given good self care)? I've seen a couple other stating something similar and have wondered about this. I've seen a few say wait it out and after healing treat it if it's still an issue.

Yep, your body will work it out.  Honestly I'm not even sure it was candida.  I was so whacked out of my mind at the time with severe mental symptoms, I had no perspective of what was 'real'.  I did turn a corner around that time, and all of these symptoms seemed to dissappear overnight,  so assuming just a bz wd sx, mimicking candida.

Yep, your body will work it out.  Honestly I'm not even sure it was candida.  I was so whacked out of my mind at the time with severe mental symptoms, I had no perspective of what was 'real'.  I did turn a corner around that time, and all of these symptoms seemed to dissappear overnight,  so assuming just a bz wd sx, mimicking candida.

Thanks! May I ask what symptoms you had? I'm more worried about bacteria than candida though symptoms of both seem strong. Even if it truly exists, I'm sure hoping my impeccable self care and time will reverse it all. I've been taking berberine, but the cure is nearly as bad or worse than the cause so I had to stop for a while.

Sure, these are the candida-esque symptoms I can remember...  Plugged ears, stuffy sinuses, incredible stomach distention,  bowel issues,  furry tongue,  a sensation that I was toxic, posioned.  I think that last symptom, in tandem with the rest, caused the majority of my health concerns.  It's so hard to believe you're healthy with the sensation of being ill, poisioned.  But I can assure you I was at peak health, which I only realized after I had my first big window,  revealing what was real.  After that, it all became easier for me to cope with, bc I knew what was real underneath the horrible symptoms.

I see you're also a long-term user who suffered from tolerance withdrawal.  Congrats on getting free.  The fight is 100++% worth all of this pain and suffering. It really does get better with time.

All the best,

WR

I had candida as well. My doc adviced me to take nystatin 3 times a day 10ml for 2 weeks and it worked. I know there is pros and cons with nystatin but in my case I got relief. I also followed diet for 3 months but nowadays I can eat what ever I want. Well, I still avoid eating too much things like junk food but try to stay with berries, veggies, fish etc.

I took prescription meds for this and they didn't do a thing. I ended up finding an incredible natural product from Global Health Trax (a family company in the U.S.) who sell a probiotic that they designed that actually feeds off of candidiasis. Did it ever do the trick - worked where nothing else could, plus it is natural. I am not a health food nut by any means, but when something works this well, I shout it from the rooftops. I keep a supply on hand and whenever I start to get the occasional symptoms of thrush and esophageal yeast infection, I just start using this product and things clear up now for me very quickly. The first time around it took a few months, but it was SO worth it because nothing else was working for me. This stuff was a miracle and a life saver for me.

The family who started this company had the same problem and nothing was working for them either. That's how they ended up developing this miracle probiotic that eats candidiasis. Amazing!

• 3 weeks later...
Newmoon, can you please tell the exact name of the probiotics you took as that company has a few different ones.  Thanks

• 2 months later...