Life is beautiful

[Cr...]

If anyone is having a relatively easy taper and feels like they aren’t getting the attention they need or answers they are Looking for, please reach out. I can relate

A year and a half ago I realized that my current life was killing me. Even with a prescription for 8mgs of Xanax, I was having panic attacks on a daily basis. I was so immersed in it, I didn’t realize the severity of cog fog and how it was affecting all aspects of my life. I was exhausted & frequently sick just from stress.

Having previous failed taper attempts, I knew I had to reduce my triggers if I wanted to be successful. The first 6 months I planned and executed my relocation. Not only was I able to rid myself of the horrid commute, I was fortune enough to be giving permission to work from home & chose a peaceful new location.

The day of my move I did not take my bedtime dose. Over the next couple of days I simply forgot to take any because I was feeling better than I had in memeory. Until I was lying on my bed and had these weird rushes of electricity run thru my body. It may have been a seizure, it didn’t last long & as soon as I felt ok to stand up, I ran and took a pill. I had to follow a taper, I couldn’t risk that living alone.

I spent 8 months tapering, quit smoking, gave up caffeine, gave up dating, tried tons of supplements & anything else that could have been a leg up. Although in hindsight I could have don’t a lot more.  While many of those days felt stagnant, I was making progress. Don’t get me wrong, the side effects were pretty brutal, I spent many nights with compresses over my eyes & ice packs wrapped around my head or tossing and turning, not realizing I had slept for an hour & woken back up. I’d find myself crying at least once a day & have no idea why most of the time, I didn’t know how numb I was. Yet I would say I had an easy taper, sure I hibernated but I never stopped working.

Here I am 20 weeks post taper & I’m far from the person I was a year ago. Starting with the taper, I’ve been setting goals & crushing them! I took an art class, hiked to a bunch of waterfalls, got a side hustle, paid off debt and venturing into real estate with my own home and rental units and I’ve even started seeing someone! For the first time in years I feel like he’s getting to know me & not the drugs.

I can’t wait to see what else is in store for me!

wow CM ,

Good for you , very brave .... I'm glad you seem to be through the worst , and I hope it just gets better and better for you form here on out!

MiYu

Congratulations Crazy money!  This is such a huge accomplishment, your got your life back and I hope it’s better than ever.  Thank you for sharing your success with us  :smitten:  Really appreciate you infusing us with hope!

wow CM ,

Good for you , very brave .... I'm glad you seem to be through the worst , and I hope it just gets better and better for you form here on out!

MiYu

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations!  :highfive:

I'm so glad that you had a relatively easy time of it, and that you are doing so much better now. I like the comparison to hibernating. I love your new goals with hiking and finances! Best of luck in your future endeavors, and thank you for your insights.

Gwinna

Wow, I like your attitude and congratulations on your beautiful progress! As an Italian/american lady, I have the habit of finding the beauty in this world. As you will notice, Italians tend to say a lot:  'bel gelato' (beautiful ice cream) or 'bel cafe' (beautiful coffee) or 'che bello' (How beautiful) etc... One of my favorite movies is "La vita e bella":

Continue finding beauty in your world!