Permanent Benzo Damage? This Is Not Fun

Mikey,

How are you?

Keryn.

Hey Keryn Still Very Disoriented. Weakness In The Arms & Legs Sunday I Felt I was Going To Pass out From The Head Pushing Down To My Brain Seriously I Feel Something There. But No Doctor Can't Find A Thing. I Do Not Feel Any Chemicals What So Ever Like Vicoden I Had The Worst Headache Sunday That Vicoden Won't Help I Don't Know Where To Go I Am That LOST!!! NO CLEAR MIND I EAT SOMETHING SEVERE BLOATED...

EVERYTHING IS GOING WRONG... This worry i Have BT And Big C I Feel It..

Didn't know you take Vicoden.  ???

You always speak of chemicals, not feeling them. Have you ever looked into Medication overuse:

Medication overuse headaches (MOH) , also known as rebound headaches usually occur when analgesics are taken frequently to relieve headaches. Rebound headaches frequently occur daily and can be very painful and are a common cause of chronic daily headache. They typically occur in patients with an underlying headache disorder such as migraines or tension headaches  that "transforms" over time from an episodic condition to chronic daily headache due excessive intake of acute headache medications. MOH is a serious, disabling and well-characterized disorder, which represents a worldwide problem and is now considered the third most prevalent type of headache. Population-based studies report the prevalence rate of MOH to be 1 to 2% in the general population, but its relative frequency is much higher in secondary and tertiary care.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [mi...]

• [zi...]

• [...]

• [Gm...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Mikey,

Careful with the Vicodin, I got addicted to it.. I was detoxed from it in 2007, not only Hydrocodone (Vicodin) but other things as well. Vicodin is a gateway drug for opiate addiction.. Not saying you're an addict, but with me..I became addicted (Of course I have an addictive personality.) I'll admit that.

Keryn.

Medication overuse headaches (MOH) , also known as rebound headaches usually occur when analgesics are taken frequently to relieve headaches. Rebound headaches frequently occur daily and can be very painful and are a common cause of chronic daily headache. They typically occur in patients with an underlying headache disorder such as migraines or tension headaches  that "transforms" over time from an episodic condition to chronic daily headache due excessive intake of acute headache medications. MOH is a serious, disabling and well-characterized disorder, which represents a worldwide problem and is now considered the third most prevalent type of headache. Population-based studies report the prevalence rate of MOH to be 1 to 2% in the general population, but its relative frequency is much higher in secondary and tertiary care.

Mikey, I hope you aren't taking Vicoden on a regular basis.  What Gman speaks of is very very true.  I had developed chronic migraines after a bad spinal tap and my doctor kept giving me Percocet for about  6 months until a neurologist told me that they were only inducing more headaches, so I got off.  Within 2 weeks after withdrawal from that junk I felt a lot better and rarely get migraines anymore.  This all happened way before I was ever put on any benzos and about 10 years ago.  But I remember that these pain killers just made me get more headaches.  If you are taking these things on a regular basis, you should get off.  You won't die, but you will feel even crappier than you do now if that is even possible.  :tickedoff:  Besides you have a history of addiction so why would you play with fire.

Just my two cents for what its worth,

Ziggy

Medication overuse headaches (MOH) , also known as rebound headaches usually occur when analgesics are taken frequently to relieve headaches. Rebound headaches frequently occur daily and can be very painful and are a common cause of chronic daily headache. They typically occur in patients with an underlying headache disorder such as migraines or tension headaches  that "transforms" over time from an episodic condition to chronic daily headache due excessive intake of acute headache medications. MOH is a serious, disabling and well-characterized disorder, which represents a worldwide problem and is now considered the third most prevalent type of headache. Population-based studies report the prevalence rate of MOH to be 1 to 2% in the general population, but its relative frequency is much higher in secondary and tertiary care.

Mikey, I hope you aren't taking Vicoden on a regular basis.  What Gman speaks of is very very true.  I had developed chronic migraines after a bad spinal tap and my doctor kept giving me Percocet for about  6 months until a neurologist told me that they were only inducing more headaches, so I got off.  Within 2 weeks after withdrawal from that junk I felt a lot better and rarely get migraines anymore.  This all happened way before I was ever put on any benzos and about 10 years ago.  But I remember that these pain killers just made me get more headaches.  If you are taking these things on a regular basis, you should get off.  You won't die, but you will feel even crappier than you do now if that is even possible.  :tickedoff:  Besides you have a history of addiction so why would you play with fire.

Ziggy

there is no way i am going to abuse  vicoden because i had a history with xanax i do not need any opiate withdrawal

there are only 2 fears i got still   seizure by it self and death too young

Good advice from all your buddies about the Vicodan. I'm not sure why you even have Vicodan but maybe you should consider tossing out the bottle.

You yourself said that it doesn't help your headaches. Matter of fact, there is little that does help w/d headaches. Again, its another one of those symptoms you have to wait out.

I have never even heard of taking Vicodon for headaches...am I missing something here? :)

Mikey..buddie..hang in there...wd stinks....we are all trying to muddle through it with all these weird symptoms....we will all make it to the other side...

TC

I have never even heard of taking Vicodon for headaches...am I missing something here? :)

Mikey..buddie..hang in there...wd stinks....we are all trying to muddle through it with all these weird symptoms....we will all make it to the other side...

TC

I was prescribed Vicodin for Headaches..that's how I got addicted.

Keryn.

there is no way i am going to abuse  vicoden because i had a history with xanax i do not need any opiate withdrawal

You don't necessarily have to abuse Vicoden to become addicted.  How many Vicoden do you take per day?  What strength? How long have you been taking them?  How often do you get a refill?  How many pills are in each refill?

Not trying to drill you, just concerned.

Ziggy

Medication overuse headaches (MOH) , also known as rebound headaches usually occur when analgesics are taken frequently to relieve headaches. Rebound headaches frequently occur daily and can be very painful and are a common cause of chronic daily headache. They typically occur in patients with an underlying headache disorder such as migraines or tension headaches  that "transforms" over time from an episodic condition to chronic daily headache due excessive intake of acute headache medications. MOH is a serious, disabling and well-characterized disorder, which represents a worldwide problem and is now considered the third most prevalent type of headache. Population-based studies report the prevalence rate of MOH to be 1 to 2% in the general population, but its relative frequency is much higher in secondary and tertiary care.

Mikey, I hope you aren't taking Vicoden on a regular basis.  What Gman speaks of is very very true.  I had developed chronic migraines after a bad spinal tap and my doctor kept giving me Percocet for about  6 months until a neurologist told me that they were only inducing more headaches, so I got off.  Within 2 weeks after withdrawal from that junk I felt a lot better and rarely get migraines anymore.  This all happened way before I was ever put on any benzos and about 10 years ago.  But I remember that these pain killers just made me get more headaches.  If you are taking these things on a regular basis, you should get off.  You won't die, but you will feel even crappier than you do now if that is even possible.  :tickedoff:  Besides you have a history of addiction so why would you play with fire.

Ziggy

there is no way i am going to abuse  vicoden because i had a history with xanax i do not need any opiate withdrawal

there are only 2 fears i got still   seizure by it self and death too young

Everyday you refer to "chemicals" that you don't feel. I have wondered about this statement that seems to be pretty common in your posts. If not vicoden, What is this chemical you don't feel?

gman

TC

I was prescribed Vicodin for Headaches..that's how I got addicted.

Keryn.

Keryn,

Weird I had never heard of that before..I always assumed Vicodin was a pain medication....

I guess a headache is a type of pain....just not the sort of thing I thought it was prescribed for...and I am not knocking you for taking it...because I am guessing the headaches were really bad...if aspirin and other remedies were not working....

I always assumed Vicodins were stuff like back pain.....and muscle pain....

TC

I too used Perks for Migraines for 6 months.  No migraine medication would touch these headaches.  The doc had me taking TEN 10mg perks a day.  This was all because of a bad spinal tap that caused fluid to ooze out.  I landed in the ER almost 3 times a week and was put on fluids and given a shot of Demerol or Morphine in the buttocks.  The hole in my spine eventually healed after 6 months and then I was getting tension headaches from the Perks, so I got off.  All better now in that respect.

Migraines are no joke and neither are really bad headaches.

Ziggy

I take fioricet 3 for headaches and tylenol 3 for other pain problems. I take the T3 because I was addicted to vicodin for a couple of years and while a lot of benzo users downplay opiate withdrawal, it's real and depending on the person and length of use does hurt just as much as benzo w/d.

Instead of protracted withdrawal, it's called PAWS= post acute withdrawal syndrome, meaning that you feel like crap for 1-2 years after stopping, but it does get a lot easier as you go along. I wouldn't throw out the pills if you've been on them for a long time. I would taper down just like you did with benzos. I know, it sucks, but I think PAWS lead me to benzos in the first place as I didn't know when I would feel normal again. I'm not trying to scare you, but add that vics might be affecting you and it you might feel better if you don't take them. If you have to though, then you have to. Talk to your doctor about how you're feeling.

I take fioricet 3 for headaches and tylenol 3 for other pain problems. I take the T3 because I was addicted to vicodin for a couple of years and while a lot of benzo users downplay opiate withdrawal, it's real and depending on the person and length of use does hurt just as much as benzo w/d.

Instead of protracted withdrawal, it's called PAWS= post acute withdrawal syndrome, meaning that you feel like crap for 1-2 years after stopping, but it does get a lot easier as you go along. I wouldn't throw out the pills if you've been on them for a long time. I would taper down just like you did with benzos. I know, it sucks, but I think PAWS lead me to benzos in the first place as I didn't know when I would feel normal again. I'm not trying to scare you, but add that vics might be affecting you and it you might feel better if you don't take them. If you have to though, then you have to. Talk to your doctor about how you're feeling.

fioricet I became addicted too..along with so many other opiates, it's countless..I have a addictive mind, I'll admit that. (I'm speaking for myself here.)

Keryn.

yesterday i went to get a EGD Upper GI Wanted To Know If I Got Something Everything is Normal Stomach/Esph

Normal I Thought I Wouldn't Feel Going Under I Feel Every Bit I Didnt Even Know If We Were Finished With The

Test Local Anthientic Is Scary..... Sorry I Can't Spell

When i Did The Test My Heartbeat Was 140..

Plus My Vision Is Getting Severe Sensitive To Lights...  Dark Glasses Aren't Working I Am Seeing Weird Flashing Lights at night Acuras.... Different Colors Its Scaring Me!!!!!

Plus Something Is Wrong With The Brain When Some Drives Me SomeWhere, And Turn Left Or Right My Head/Brain Started  Buzzing I Was Scared Than And There I Going To Get A Seizure..

Hi Mikey, those all sound like normal benzo w/d symptoms. I know they can be scary, but they are just symptoms and they will not hurt you. You are not going to have a seizure Mikey, you are too far out for that to happen.

Good news Mike. The question now is when will your WD symptoms leave you and when will you come to terms with them, and accept them as symptoms and not these deadly cancers/tumours or whatever you like to associate them with.

Good news Mike. The question now is when will your WD symptoms leave you and when will you come to terms with them, and accept them as symptoms and not these deadly cancers/tumours or whatever you like to associate them with.

Its Hard To Accept Because People See Me And They Say You Healthy Outside But Inside I Feel Like Garbage.

My Vision is getting Worse With Bright Thing I Feel Like Falling Everytime and My Heart Beats Fast... Inside My I Feel Like Someone is inside my Brain Playing. pressure and pressure pushing and pushing down so my vision is getting worse. dark sunglasses are not working like they used to... severe disoriented is Worse... Abnormal Eye Movements Are Crazy

But One Thing I Was Wrong I Said to myself i will not feel the Anesthesia But I Didnt Was Out Like A Light and Than Next Thing I Know The Test Was Over... Yesterday EGD Test

My Mental Alertness Is Bad Every Single Day!

Mikie

One thing I have realized is that whenever I am under stress my s/x get MUCH worse.  I am sure getting ready for the tests and actually having them done are over the top stress.  As a result you are feeling your vision and other s/x increase.  The trick is to remind yourself this is just your overly sensitive central nervous system going into over drive and over reacting.

I know you know this and have heard it all before... its just a kind reminder! :angel:

Mimi

Hey Mikey,

This Klonopin WD beat up my eyes pretty bad too.  My vision was blurry, my eyes were sensitive to light, my eyelids were twitchy at times.....it sometimes felt like I had electrical currents running through my eye area and the area under my eyes...

This has improved greatly in the last month of so...it is not gone yet...but about 80 percent to 90 percent better.....and it just really started to improve out of the blue..maybe my GABA system is working overtime to fix itself....:)

I just wanted to share this with you because I wanted you to know you aren't the only one who had the issues with the eyes....I have talked a few times to Gman in pms about the whacky eyelid twitching...so I know he dealt with it too.....I don't know why K messes with our eyes so bad..but it does....the good thing is..you are off the stuff now..and can focus on healing..

TC

What TC said is so true, you should really read that again.

I suffer from migraines (cluster headaches) since my teen years. I can't even take my Imitrex, because it ramps up my anxiety.

The things I have seen are unreal, such as tracers, tunnel vision and flash bangs and I could go on.

Since having a drug interaction, I'm now back to square one.

I watched your video and I also have those very thoughts. The question is. Will I let them take control and consume me? My answer is. NO!

I have read so many replies to your post. There is truly good people, giving you great information and support.

You can either keep the door open to hell and let those things consume you, or you can close it, start accepting help and know you will heal.

If this sounds like a rant. I'm sorry.