Bad anxiety hours before taking daily dose

[Eg...]

Hi, I've just started my taper properly after finding so much wonderful advice here. I am so thankful to have found this site.

I used 1-3mg kpin daily for 8 years and finally the tolerance has caught up to me.

I used the medicine as needed and would take it at different points during the day when the anxiety was too much for me.

Now that I'm tapering, I take 1mg in the morning (around 9am when I wake up) but I'm finding that I will wake up earlier with heart palpitations and serious anxiety at 6 or 7am, which has never happened before.

Anybody else experience this? Any advice?

I don't know, I never did taper, so I had cold-turkey prolonged withdrawal syndrome. could it be "inter-dose withdrawal"?

peace,

stasia

:smitten:

I don't know, I never did taper, so I had cold-turkey prolonged withdrawal syndrome. could it be "inter-dose withdrawal"?

peace,

stasia

:smitten:

You're probably right about the interdose withdrawal.

I thought that could be avoided on a more long acting benzo like clonazepam.

I read your signature and it seems like you've gone through a lot. Thank you for sticking around and giving people like me some hope!

Helps me too. I've been doing more bold things and yes, getting waves. So, it sux that it goes on so long, but knowing it does keeps one from losing it. And I know I have a choice whether to wait till all sx are gone (which might never happen) or t adapt and keep life interesting! If that all makes any sense! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hi. Reading your signature it says that you are attempting a rapid taper. It may be time to slow things down a bit now by making smaller cuts and holding longer. I suspect that if you keep tapering rapidly, the anxiety is just going to get worse along with a host of other withdrawal symptoms. I believe that you are starting to get interdose withdrawal. Using the shorter acting benzo to taper doesn't help matters either since the therapeutic window is about 4-6 hours. Is it possible for you to switch to a longer acting agent, such as Valium? This will give you better control and the effects won't wane on you the way your current benzo is doing. Even with the longer acting drug, you are still well advised to slow down or you'll still have a lot of issues with anxiety. Benzo withdrawal is best done slowly and carefully in order to keep you as functional and comfortable as possible, and to give your brain a chance to adjust to losing its dependence on the benzo and allowing its own receptor chemicals to slowly come back online. Unfortunately, this is a slow process necessitating a slow withdrawal.