Liquid titration of 5mg Ativan taken once

[el...]

Hello to y'all.  :). I want to taper 5 mg of Ativan taken once at night by using liquid titration. I'm determined to do it. Sorry but I can't figure out maths.  :idiot: Which will be the liquid in and how many ml should use. Which is the procedure. The analogy of 5mg lorazepam and of liquid. Also what's the material of the liquid. The procedure? Sorry I'm new in this and I will need all the help I can get.  Thank you in advance  :smitten:

Hello to y'all.  :). I want to taper 5 mg of Ativan taken once at night by using liquid titration. I'm determined to do it. Sorry but I can't figure out maths.  :idiot: Which will be the liquid in and how many ml should use. Which is the procedure. The analogy of 5mg lorazepam and of liquid. Also what's the material of the liquid. The procedure? Sorry I'm new in this and I will need all the help I can get.  Thank you in advance  :smitten:

Are you actually on 5mg/day?  That's a huge dose!  But if yes...

Combine 50mg + 100ml vodka or propylene glycol + 400ml water.

This will give 500ml of stable, uniformly distributed solution, .1mg per ml.  It should be stored at room temp in a closed glass jar.

Because you ratio is .1mg per ml, there really is no math.  To convert mgs to mls, just move the decimal one place (ex: 5mg=50ml, 4.5mg=45ml, etc)

If you need help working out a schedule, let me know.

CAN I HAVE A SCHEDULE ON LIQUID TITRATION BASED ON WATER? I TAKE 2.5 MG ATIVAN AND I DISSOLVE THE 2ND PILL OF 2.5 IN WATER. ANY SUGGESTIONS ABOUT TAPERING?

No matter how much you wish you could dissolve it in water, you still can't.  ::):)

You must start with a solvent, then you can dilute it with water.

And unlike most benzos, it is poorly lipid (fat) soluble, so is not really suitable for milk either.

"Pure lorazepam is an almost white powder that is nearly insoluble in water and oil."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorazepam

"Water Solubility 0.0176 mg/mL"

https://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB00186

I cannot continue water titration. It makes me feel like Ativan wore off more quickly and I wake up after a 2-3 hour sleep. Still my reduction is 1 ml. I dissolve the one pill of 2.5 mg in 150 mg of water. I take the other pill of 2.5 mg dry. All of them once at night. But water titration... Can feel the withdrawal very bad

Liquid titration hit me hard like I make a big cut. I wonder why🙄 :'( :sick:

If you used plain water, that's why.

When I tried to do water titration it didn't work for me, either.  But a proper liquid solution worked perfectly.