Bizarre problems even after full reinstatement

[No...]

I fall into the limited category of people who think of reinstatement as an option. Big Pharma says some people are simply not able to get off of benzos. Yeah, but not because we haven't tried! Doctors don't expect me to ever be able to stop and it's believed one more full on abrupt withdrawal will kill me.

It's so important to come back and share after you've left this forum. Life is relatively normal for me. No tolerance developments or exacerbation of symptoms. I've developed a rare condition though - erythema or erythromelalgia where you feel like you're on fire. Neurological problem of course. At least it comes and goes and isn't always present. My speech remains problematic. In states of high anxiety the tremors come but fade quickly.

I went into abrupt withdrawal the other day and thought of this site and about my anniversaries of things. What happened? Simply forgot to take my med and ended up in a catatonic state. That's new. The last time - where I spent a lot longer than some measly hours in abrupt withdrawal - my loss of motor control was so bad every word out of my mouth had to be said hundreds of times.

Whatever path you take, things will improve with time. If you choose this path then your life will continue to depend on getting that drug in your system at the same time every day.