Tapering from 3mg K going fast, should I slow down?

[No...]

I started my taper the end of June 2018. I am now at 1mg in the am only. I have some insomnia at night. Headache in the am and overall dealing with moderate anxiety that can be very uncomfortable. Am I tapering too fast?

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds like your symptoms are manageable. Just don’t cut .5 next time. Take .25 cuts until finished to be in the recommended guidelines.  Just my opinion. 

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, you may be ok because not everyone responds to tapering the same.  But for some that would be extremely fast!  I was taken down fairly fast and didn't suffer from the severe withdrawals until I actually got off the drug.  After 2-1/2 months of a very hard time, I had to reinstate.  The rule is basically to take it as slow as reasonable.  Your symptoms are not bad now, but they could come back and bite you later.  Better to take it slow and be on the safer side would be my advise.  But again, you might be one of the fortunate ones who can tolerate a faster withdrawal. 

Yes, you may be ok because not everyone responds to tapering the same.  But for some that would be extremely fast!  I was taken down fairly fast and didn't suffer from the severe withdrawals until I actually got off the drug.  After 2-1/2 months of a very hard time, I had to reinstate.  The rule is basically to take it as slow as reasonable.  Your symptoms are not bad now, but they could come back and bite you later.  Better to take it slow and be on the safer side would be my advise.  But again, you might be one of the fortunate ones who can tolerate a faster withdrawal.

Did your reinstament resolve your insomnia?

Only somewhat at first.  Instead of 1/2 hour sleeps or "0" nights of sleep for about 2-1/2 months after I jumped, once reinstating I got about 5 or 6.  Right now I am getting around 4-5 and occasionally I fall back to sleep for another few minutes.  Not often, though.  I'm just thankful for what I can get.

I fall asleep ok, but wake very early and can't read or watch TV because the brightness really bothers my sensitive eyes.  My hyperacusis is so severe I can't listen to the radio or music, either.  So, I just have to lay there.  I use the time well.  I pray for others and talk to God.