Going on CT

[An...]

Hey everyone! First of all, I'd like to tell a little about my story: I started to take Klonopin when I was 16 years old (used to stole it from my dad), then when I was 17 I started to take at least 2mg per day, when I was 18~19yo I used to take recreative doses, on weekends mostly I used to take 20mg. Nowadays I'm 21 years old, I've abused of it sometimes, the maximum I took I think it was 40mg at once... But let's say that lately my dose has been 4-8mg per day. So, now let's go to what matters: I still have 10 pills of 2mg, I live on a small city in Brazil, there are almost no doctors, I'm low-class and poor, there is a public clinic next to my house, but it almost doesn't work!!! Since I don't have money, I think this will be my last benzos, but I'm really afraid, I'm afraid of getting mad, I'm afraid that I've took so much Klonopin on my life that I will never recover again... Please if someone has any hints of how can I get out of this, or if I will get out of this hell, I'd appreciate.

Stay well everyone!

That's a tough one.  I C/T'd but it was from normal doses.  You have been taking excessive doses though, so just going C/T may be not be safe.  Good news is that you still have 10 pills left, I would stretch them out as much as possible without getting too revved up, and in the meantime I would work on somehow getting a refill from a doctor, so you can taper safely.  Good luck, I hope this helps.

Hey, thanks for your reply! Well, I've been thinking of taking for 5 days 2mg, then 1mg for 10 days and start the CT, would it make it softer in the beggining?

Hey, thanks for your reply! Well, I've been thinking of taking for 5 days 2mg, then 1mg for 10 days and start the CT, would it make it softer in the beggining?

I think that stretching it as much as you can is a good idea, sounds like you have a plan.  Also remember, not everyone gets severe withdrawal symptoms when they quit benzos, you may be one of the lucky ones.  I would do a sensible taper with what you have and then let the chips fall where they may, albeit I would still try to obtain a refill from a doctor just in case the fast taper was problematic.  I think you will be fine.  Wishing you good luck!     

I think that stretching it as much as you can is a good idea, sounds like you have a plan.  Also remember, not everyone gets severe withdrawal symptoms when they quit benzos, you may be one of the lucky ones.  I would do a sensible taper with what you have and then let the chips fall where they may, albeit I would still try to obtain a refill from a doctor just in case the fast taper was problematic.  I think you will be fine.  Wishing you good luck!     

Let's see, it will be actually the first time I'm aiming to go that far... Thank you again.