Constant Anxiety........

[Fi...]

I feel as though I’m stuck in a cycle of : my symptoms freak me out, which causes anxiety, I have anxiety because my symptoms are so severe.    It’s constant in my head freak out.  Eating makes my anxiety spike.... doesn’t matter what I eat.  It could be a slice of apple and my anxiety goes through the roof.  I truly do not understand. 

Has anyone experienced this kind of anxiety and panic? 

I’m at a loss because I don’t know what to do. 

I shake in constant fear and anxiety.  I have to find some kind of distraction that isn’t too stimulating.

I want to update my profile or whatever it's called on here, along the bottom. I still have periods of pretty bad "waves" at itmes. But I'm still getting more functional. I am enjoying pushing my limits to see what I can do.

Hi Fighting4Me: I remember very clearly when I did my taper and was on this site every day for a year that a LOT of people had issues with anxiety spikes related to eating. I have NO idea why this happens, but I know for certain that it is a common problem. I hope that knowing this helps make it a little more tolerable for you.

Hi,

My main withdrawal symptoms are anxiety and panic and they got out of hand again last month when I made a stupid 50% cut.  I also take an AD but don’t feel myself at all, so that causes anxiety as well.  >:(

Firstly, I have really fought to get some control. I hate the anxiety running my life and sabotaging everything. When I was bedbound last month I still wanted some control and routine, because it frightened me so much to feel like I was losing it and spinning off into a void of madness and fear!

I have found that routine and structure is really helping. I get up each morning at the same time, no matter how much I’ve slept or not slept. I say to myself I will have a good day. I eat a couple of almonds to stabilise my blood sugar, drink a big glass of water, take my Diaz 1mg, then stretch on my exercise ball and bedroom floor. I spend 15 mins doing deep breathing and stretching. I let the light in my room as well. I also stretch on my bed and then I do something REALLY ridiculous. But it helps.  I make deep groaning noises into my pillow. A bit like a yoga chant. This seems to stimulate my vagus nerve and I know this helps. I do this for 5 minutes along with more deep breathing.

I then get up and have a hot and cold shower for 5 mins.  I have to wait to eat breakfast as I take a PPI for my stomach after my Diaz tablet. Half an hour then I eat.  My appetite is shaky too, but I’ve cut out sugar mostly and eat fish and eggs for breakfast or egg and toast with red bush tea.

I take my daughter to school then I go for a walk and do housework and prepare things for her to do as well as food for the day. I have breaks where I go for another walk or spend some time on BB. I have set days where I shop for food and get other jobs done. I also have hobbies and I read, which really distracts me. I can only watch very calming things every now and again.  I have taken up sewing too, which really relaxes me.

I try to discipline myself so I feel I can cope with what comes along. I have good days and bad days and feel lonely sometimes, but if I feel myself slipping I go for a walk. I try not to nap because I feel this drops my blood sugar and makes me feel terrible for the rest of the day.  I don’t always have a lot of energy, but I always try to do something so I feel I’ve achieved something.

I hope you can grab some control. Believe me, I have skittered off and completely lost it sometimes, but I feel more determined and focused now. I try to hold on to that.

Once you start building things into place, even little tiny things, I am sure this will help.

We do only really have ourselves to fight this, even amongst family and friends, and we have to believe we can do it. Deep breathing and relaxation exercises are your friend, as well as vagus nerve stimulation  :D

I don’t know what your level of functioning is, whether you work or not, so I won’t suggest taking up a wind instrument, but do you enjoy singing or even just bellowing to yourself?!  I am glad my neighbours can’t hear me! But I am doing what I can to help myself.

I know it’s very hard to stay positive and do anything strenuous or constructive, but it is possible little by little to make changes that can help you. I know because I’m negative and frightened and have been nonfunctional in bed, but I do get windows, which I build on.

Take care and sending you calming thoughts and best wishes,

Mrs B

Xxx