ULTRA SHORT-TERM USERS (< 4 WEEKS) GROUP

[sa...]

The current guidelines in most countries and even by the Ashton manual states that 2-4 weeks of benzodiazepine prescription can be considered safe. But it is clear from some members that dependency can and has developed in even shorter periods of time with lasting and sometimes permanent effects.

My story:

I was given bromazepam 1.5mg for exam stress which I took for 14 days. 2 days later I was reduced to a convulsing, trembling mess, adrenaline coursing through my body, and had my first panic attack in my last exam. In hospital I was again dosed with ativan 0.5 mg per day for 5 days and C/Ted after. Total 20 days of exposure. Acute lasted for 2 months.

Following a 3 month break of symptoms, I had another wave on my 5th month from C/T. All hell broke loose, DP/DR, stabbing stomache pain, seizure like activity, confusion, numbness, air hunger, urination difficulties, non-stop suicidal ideation. Took a month in hospital, polydrugged with AD and anti-psychotics. Somehow, the pains have subsided and thought process returned.

Left with lingering tinnitus, hyperacusis, elevated stress response, PSSD-like symptoms, headache, occasional cortisol zaps.

I took this crap for 10 days (not including a weeklong taper) and have been suffering since. It's been two months since jumping.

Still dealing with insomnia, depression, crying spells, exercise issues, headaches, temple pains, veiny extremities, food sensitivities, and digestive issues. Things have improved but this is a hell I never could have imagined.

I took this crap for 10 days (not including a weeklong taper) and have been suffering since. It's been two months since jumping.

Still dealing with insomnia, depression, crying spells, exercise issues, headaches, temple pains, veiny extremities, food sensitivities, and digestive issues. Things have improved but this is a hell I never could have imagined.

At least the worst is over for you. I hope you don’t have any lingering brain sensations that are triggered by stress. I did, probably due to brain damage from cold turkeying, and suffered a later wave of severe mental symptoms.