Is it normal to never feel sleepy?

[St...]

It doesn't matter how much sleep I get, I never feel rested. On the other hand, it doesn't matter how much sleep I don't get, I never feel sleepy either. Is this a part of benzo withdrawl?

Yep. Totally normal for this part of wd. It also totally, completely, 100% sucks. It can make you feel broken and different from all of the other humans on the planet who get drowsy at the drop of a hat. I remember watching my husband nod off while we were watching TV. Sometimes it was with fascination like he was exercising this super power. Other times I wanted to rip this dear man's head off for doing so easily what I was incapable of. Sleep deprivation can sure turn me into a grouchasaurus!

Yep. Totally normal for this part of wd. It also totally, completely, 100% sucks. It can make you feel broken and different from all of the other humans on the planet who get drowsy at the drop of a hat. I remember watching my husband nod off while we were watching TV. Sometimes it was with fascination like he was exercising this super power. Other times I wanted to rip this dear man's head off for doing so easily what I was incapable of. Sleep deprivation can sure turn me into a grouchasaurus!

Did this ever change? Did it go away? I am really scared that I'm stuck like this for a long time.

sleepy = melatonin...

get in bright sunlight in the morning and stay in natural light in the day

take a shower at 6-8pm

make your bedroom pitch black when you want to go to sleep

That's what I do. I don't feel sleepy at night, in the middle of the night, or in the mornings like I used to. Does benzos mess with melatonin in your brain?

I have. Nothing makes me feel sleepy. I think gaba is also responsible for making you feel groggy and sleepy because I've read that it affects all of the chemicals in your brain.

Did this ever change? Did it go away? I am really scared that I'm stuck like this for a long time.

Yes, this changed. Now I get drowsy at all sorts of inconvenient times even. It's rare for me not to get sleepy at some point for the night and then sleep. If I get really agitated about something I'll have a bad  night but that happens to everyone and is going to be a bit worse for me since I've had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for over 20 years. I understand that this symptom feels permanent but it isn't. I didn't ever sleep, not once, without a sedating drug for around 28 years, many of those years involving benzos and all of them involving 2-5 sedating drugs nightly. And now I sleep without taking anything. My brain had every reason to not recover and yet it's come a very long way.

I have. Nothing makes me feel sleepy. I think gaba is also responsible for making you feel groggy and sleepy because I've read that it affects all of the chemicals in your brain.

Nothing will make you sleepy. The GABA receptors in your brain that control all muscles have been hijacked or not working correctly. You will have intense anxiety but over time and more time with zaps in your brain and muscles it will all go away. DO not STRESS it does no good. Find distraction they will be your friend until you are healed.

I am over 20 months out and I do get mildly sleepy sometimes. Still waiting for the heavy drowsy feeling to return.

I never get sleepy either.  My husband falls asleep on the couch, even while watching Seinfeld!!!!...I get so mad and jealous. Ha.!!!

Sometimes I cannot fall asleep, stay asleep or fall asleep and wake up and cannot go back.  I never fall asleep being sleepy,  I just go out.  I never feel like I sleep like I used to.    I have never had anything like this before.  I feel so wired all of the time.  I have hope , just reading success stories, that sleep will come back. I can count a few times that I have felt sleepy, but not many at all.  I keep asking myself, Is this still withdrawal?  I am 12 months out on Klonopin and 6 months out on Amitriptyline. 

It has  to be still withdrawl because I feel like that too. I never feel sleepy either. I'm 2 months off benzos and 6 months off Amnitriptiline. People say it comes back so I'm hoping and praying it does.

I’ve started getting sleepy again at 3 months off. But it’s not when I want to be sleepy (early morning) and only ever for a short window. 😔