Could my IUD birth Control be contributing to how severe my C/T has been so far?

[He...]

I got the Skyla birth control exactly three months before I started taking antidepressant medication. The extent of time that you are supposed to have Skyla IUD is three years, and three years was up for me this month. I'm terrified that if I go get it removed that I will spiral back into suicidal depression like I did in November three months after my C/T. But I also wonder if the Skyla birth control could be a contributor to why my C/T is as bad as it is. Maybe my body is having a hard time leveling out because the Skill hormonal birth control is "poisoning" me in a way. I got my hormones checked a few weeks back and everything came back looking okay. But I've always been VERY sensitive to anything that I put in my body, so I'm wondering if the synthetic version of the hormones that Skyla is releasing into my blood steam could be making me worse. I'd love any first hand experience feedback with this issue, thanks!

Hmm...

Skyla is a progestin IUD

Depression is definitely a potential side effect for progestin birth control. I use a progestin birth control as well but I've found that it helps keep my mood stable because I don't get my period and therefore I don't get pmdd symptoms.

Honestly, I am not sure whether the IUD could be helping or harming you because it has the capacity to go either way.

Did you have any depression relating to your cycle before you got the IUD?

Would you be able to replace the IUD if symptoms got worse after removing it?