W-BAD - Talk Radio Europe 11th July - Robert Whitaker, Barry Haslam and others

[lo...]

Stacey Pinkerton presents tonight another programme on prescribed drug dependence. 

Robert Whitaker, Barry Haslam and myself have been confirmed as speakers and probably Christy Huff, MD.  There will be others, a 2 hour programme.

8 - 10 PM, Central European Summer Time, Greenwich Mean Time + 1 hour.

https://www.talkradioeurope.com/on-air-now/

It will cover benzodiazepines and antidepressants.

On air just now.  Robert Whitaker unable to take part.  Christy Huff has been on .. I will be on later.  Barry Haslam isn't well so won't be on.

Guy speaking atm is very good.

Do we know who listens to this?

Their contact number doesn’t work from Uk.

That is James Moore, does Mad In America podcast on antidepressant withdrawal

Phone number does work, you have to add 00 in front of number.

yes it says +34 but you have to put 00 in front of the 34. 

You only know this if you are used to phoning overseas, otherwise how would you know.

I just caught the last part of it, Fiona, but I did get to hear your segment in full.  Great job, as usual!

Am sorry I missed the rest of it, do you know whether it'll be available online at a later date?

:smitten:

Thanks, abcd, I am not too happy with myself but I will have to listen back to it.  I hope it will be available, the last programme certainly was.  I will post here when I get the link. 

Fiona  :thumbsup:

Not too happy with yourself?  But why?!  You were great, truly, you always are incredibly articulate and concise.  The part I wasn't happy about was when she had to cut you short because you were building a story and it was very compelling listening, including the treatment and attitudes of the doctors.

Seriously, it was excellent, listen back and you'll hear for yourself! :hug:

Not too happy with yourself?  But why?!  You were great, truly, you always are incredibly articulate and concise.  The part I wasn't happy about was when she had to cut you short because you were building a story and it was very compelling listening, including the treatment and attitudes of the doctors.

Thank you so much, abcd.  you have made me feel so much better.  The main problem is that when i am talking my brain does not assimilate what I am saying, I therefore have no recollection of what I have said, so I have no way to gauge if it was okay or not.  It is a horrible feeling I can tell you.  I hate it.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[7b...]

Thank you so much, abcd.  you have made me feel so much better.  The main problem is that when i am talking my brain does not assimilate what I am saying, I therefore have no recollection of what I have said, so I have no way to gauge if it was okay or not.  It is a horrible feeling I can tell you.  I hate it.

Fiona I didnt catch it however if what you said was even half as good as what you post on here then you brain is working great.

thanks for all you do.    :smitten:

Fiona I didnt catch it however if what you said was even half as good as what you post on here then you brain is working great.

thanks for all you do.    :smitten:

Thank you so much, I will probably be fine when I have listened to it again .. I know I was very vocal!!

Programme is available on SoundCloud.

I am very happy with what I said, but I didn't allow the presenter to say very much.  Once I started speaking ... I just kept going.

A third programme is planned.

Thanks for the link, Fiona.  Seriously, I don't think there was a need for the presenter to interject or ask questions because, as I say, your story really was very compelling and right on point ... no rambling or tangential thoughts.  I listen to a lot of different podcasts and very often that's the way it goes.  The interviewee is so interesting and well-spoken that the host rarely interrupts.  I give you ten out of ten.  ;D

I'm listening to it in chunks, just heard Doc Hope, she was also great! :thumbsup:

You were excellent, Fiona!! Really enlightening, and I'm sure many will learn from what you've gone through.

I'm really thrilled that so much information has been exchanged in these talks. And you have done a lot of work for the benzo cause. You never give up, and you are willing to lay it all on the line. Thank you very much!!

Thank you so very much, your feedback is so positive and reassuring.  I could not have done that a year ago, even 6 months ago and it is clear evidence of the improvements in my cognition.  I have been on live radio before, just speaking for a few minutes, and it was a terrible ordeal.  This recent experience was not an ordeal.  I just wish I could assimilate what other people are saying ... it is still very difficult.  Thanks again.

:D :D :D :D :D:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Fiona, there are not enough words to thank you, and I :'( a bit for all you have gone through, and tears of joy, also for the commitment you have made for us here at BB and all over the World. :thumbsup: 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten:

Fiona, there are not enough words to thank you, and I :'( a bit for all you have gone through, and tears of joy, also for the commitment you have made for us here at BB and all over the World. :thumbsup: 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten:

Thank you so much, BG, you are very kind.  It is a pleasure to be an advocate, I only hope I can help in some way to prevent others treading the very long and arduous path that I have trod for over 40 years. 

My love to all

Fiona  :smitten:

Amazing job Fiona, appreciate your directness. Fantastic... you gained momentum and got a lot in which was important. I think you’re great, and so sorry it’s been so so many years of suffering. You’re our Braveheart! Impactful expression.

Great job Hope, wonderful to hear your voice. I think you did an excellent job as well. Thankful for all the sweet personal support during what was the worst time through all of this for me and it was a real victory for bzd sufferers the way you explained it.

Thanks you two. :smitten:

Amazing job Fiona, appreciate your directness. Fantastic... you gained momentum and got a lot in which was important. I think you’re great, and so sorry it’s been so so many years of suffering. You’re our Braveheart! Impactful expression.

Great job Hope, wonderful to hear your voice. I think you did an excellent job as well. Thankful for all the sweet personal support during what was the worst time through all of this for me and it was a real victory for bzd sufferers the way you explained it.

Thanks you two. :smitten:

Oh thank you Azalea, how are you? I haven’t been on here in a while and was just passing through and saw this thread. I need to go back and finish listening to the program, I haven’t gotten to hear Fiona or James speak yet. Last week was so busy with WBAD it was hard to listen to all the things that were going on, so I’m flagging this to come back to later!