Best Taper Method

[Ry...]

I just posted this in another area, but I think I should have posted here first...

I understand the logic on the rate of taper, but I am interested in the method (liquid or dry cut and weigh) from those of you that have experience with this.

I am not a taper expert as you can see from my signature. I do plan to wean off the Mirt sometime in the near future.

I have experimented with dissolving in OraPlus but I felt it was not the most accurate. Reason being, OraPlus is highly viscous and coats the bottle which leads to 10% or more in compounding losses. Also, the oral syringes i find are marked in either 1/2 or 1/4 ml increments. If I want to go extremely slow, it seems this limits how small I can cut.

I believe dissolving in water and measuring in a 100ml graduated cylinder would be most accurate, but from what I read, Mirtazapine does not dissolve well in water.

Is a dry cut with a good scale the best route? If so, would it be better to take chunks off or crush to a fine powder, weigh and put in a capsule? Or should I stick with OraPlus?  :o

Thanks for any insight.

1)  The more gradual your taper, the easier it is likely to be.  Smaller cuts, more often is more gradual.  A daily taper is probably the most gradual way to taper.

2)  Any system that allows you to make very small adjustments to your dose will work.  However, with high potency, highly concentrated  benzos like K, dry cutting is very difficult.

3)  A liquid taper is really the easiest, most reliable way to measure out doses in very small decrements.

4)  K, like most common benzos is NOT water-soluble.  To make a true, uniformly-distributed solution, you must start with a solvent.  Alcohol (vodka) and propylene glycol are the most common.  Then you can dilute with water.

5)  You can create a suspension with suspension agents like OraPlus/OraSweet.  It's not as uniform as true solution, but some folks use it successfully.

6)  Oral syringes graduated in .01 ml (hundredths of a ml) are readily available, and inexpensive.  Many pharmacies give them out for free.