Symptoms Morphing

[Fi...]

I have!!! And one goes away another poops up.. Then that one leaves and old symptom returns.. Its very unnerving and Im finding it very difficult.  Any words of advise would help!!

For me

I have a set of symptoms...as time goes by they start to improve and almost diminish and I start to feel better....then just as I think I'm recovering and don't feel to bad....I seem to crash again and another set of symptoms(Old ones) return again. They seem to have different

constellations every time.

Its disheartening at times

shania

For me

I have a set of symptoms...as time goes by they start to improve and almost diminish and I start to feel better....then just as I think I'm recovering and don't feel to bad....I seem to crash again and another set of symptoms(Old ones) return again. They seem to have different

shania

Do you find it lessening each time?

This happened to me too. It is very normal. I know it bothered me a lot that I would have a GLIMPSE of feeling a bit better and then something new would pop up. I thought it would never end. But it did.

Try to relax on this issue. Your brain and body will heal itself, as long as you stay the course.

This happened to me too. It is very normal. I know it bothered me a lot that I would have a GLIMPSE of feeling a bit better and then something new would pop up. I thought it would never end. But it did.

Try to relax on this issue. Your brain and body will heal itself, as long as you stay the course.

Eastcoast, I’m working on more positive self talk.  Won’t allow myself to Google anymore.  The roller coaster of symptoms and emotions that come with it are so severe.  I’m fighting to get to tolerable...

For me

shania

Do you find it lessening each time?

Sometimes its less I think...Then I think its more....then I think No change....Sometimes it feels like recovery is not far off ..my good days and then sometimes like I'm back to almost the beginning. The first 5 months of my set back were pure HELL...Then it lessened. I'm grateful I'm not there any more

shania

I don't think about permanent damage any more. I just live each day for what it brings..try to soothe myself and do my best each day. I try to make the best of each day and try not to future think .

Shania xx

That’s what I need to do,  Shania.

I just don’t know....I’ve never been so mentally and emotionally weak in my life.  I’ve always known how to fix things...make it better.  I’m appauled at my neediness. 

Just fighting to get to tolerable......

The lying brain has a full dance card of tortures. Its really unbelievable.

I do not care for this post. Your brain is NOT lying to you in the slightest! Your brain has been INJURED by YOUR taking benzos. Your brain needs time and the right conditions to heal itself. And it will.

I know you guys dont believe me just yet, but this does end. No one knows why some people suffer longer than others. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for this. But in the end the VAST majority of people DO heal from benzos and will find their lives so much better. I actually thank God for that day when I was forced by my physician to go cold turkey. Yes, it was not right, but I would not have been able to taper off Klonapin, I was SO addicted and in SUCH denial. Going CT was my only chance at getting a better life. And it worked - it worked extremely well. Yes, I went though hell. But that is BEHIND me now. And if YOU give yourself enough time, it will happen to you, too.

The human brain is truly amazing in its ability to heal from major injuries. Stroke patients can and do recover. Brain surgery patients can and do recover. Benzo users can and do recover from this brain injury THAT WE CAUSED.

Accept your role in this mess. And start learning how to deal with all those icky symptoms. I know they are miserable! I went through it, too. And IF I CAN GET THROUGH BENZO WITHDRAWAL, ANYONE CAN. I am not Superwoman. Hardly. I am a fairly meek and mild person who has OCD tendencies that led me into using and abusing benzos only to be able to SLEEP.

Time will heal this. ONLY time will. Nothing else, no supplement, no new drug, no new diet, will help you. You have to give your brain time to heal itself. Be patient because it may take quite a bit of time for some of us.

I currently feel different symptoms daily. I am having some really good days here and there, but when I do feel symptoms, they are different daily and sometimes even hour to hour.

I just don’t know....I’ve never been so mentally and emotionally weak in my life.  I’ve always known how to fix things...make it better.  I’m appauled at my neediness. 

Please don't be appauld by your neediness. You are going through a difficult time right now. I have been there and its horrid..when you are in the midst of it. I remember crying and screaming regularly...and through all this very slowly and bit by bit as time went on things slowly started to reconnect...and life got better. Its a slow process but also incredible how quickly things can change for some too.

shania

Please don't be appauld by your neediness. You are going through a difficult time right now. I have been there and its horrid..when you are in the midst of it. I remember crying and screaming regularly...and through all this very slowly and bit by bit as time went on things slowly started to reconnect...and life got better. Its a slow process but also incredible how quickly things can change for some too.

shania

Shania...... :smitten: