Salutations

[Km...]

Was prescribed zoloft and xanax .5mg 3xday may 3rd 2018. Had a horrible SSRI reaction and was put on welbutrin. I began almost going into a mania this past friday and suspected it was the welbutrin. Never mind the fact I did my whole month of xanax in 2 weeks. I've gone 3 days now not taking anything and still feel insane. After only taking xanax for 2 months averaging 2mg a day, how long do you think this cold Turkey withdrawl will last?

Impossible to say. Each person is very different in their healing. There are many factors that might affect this - your age, were you using any other drugs, including alcohol, and a host of other things. NO ONE can predict how long you will feel bad. IMO, the chances are good for you that it will not be a long time, if you only took a benzo for such a short time. Going CT is never a good idea but sometimes one is forced to (I was!)

Benzos should not be prescribed for more than 2 weeks, but that advice is seldom followed. The longer one stays on these drugs, the worse the withdrawal could be. But not necessarily! I have heard of many people here who only took them a short time and had a fairly long withdrawal. I would guess it is something about our body's personal chemical combination, and probably other factors such as personality.

You can get through this. Hang out here and read as much as you can about what causes all those symptoms. Having a basic understand will help you cope.