prilosec

[ba...]

I have been suffering severe burning, nasea and other digestive issues for a good 3 weeks. Went to my pdoc today, he is putting me on prilosec for a week. If that doesn't work, he will scope me to check for other problems.

I am terrified. I know this med interferes with benzo absorbtion, and don't know how to cope with what's coming.

I had to go on a fluorquinilone 2 years ago, it was like being in cold turkey. it took a very long time to recover.

Any advice, sugestions  welcome.

I will take 2 tablets a day for aweek. If the GI issues resolve, then 1 tablet for another 2 weks. If not, a scope.

I am reallly frightened. I am not yet stable on my current dose, and can't imagine the withdraw being worse, which it will be.

yes, I am sceeerd.

Prilosec shouldn't interfere too much. Just don't take it at the time as a benzo (maybe 1 hour apart) and you should be fine.

I've been on PPI's while on benzos and didn't notice any issues.

Fluoroquinilones are different, because they compete for GABA receptors with benzos. So essentially you did go cold turkey. I know exactly what you're talking about because I've never been the same after taking CIPRO while on Klonopin.

bad, I had to take a ppi also on my taper and it didn't bother the absorption of my valium one bit. I took prescription-strength omeprazole. It was really okay. The advice given by ideal is good, I think. Just don't take the two drugs too close together.

And I can relate to your fluoroquinilone experience. I took CIPRO for a UTI (didn't know any better) during my taper and thought I was dying.

What a nightmare, right? We have to be soooo vigilant.

Best to you,

Katz

baddove, I also had to take Prilosec, but I never felt good on it and was reading here at BB one day and someone mentioned d-limodene, and it helped me more than anything I had taken. I buy it from Swanson Vit. It is all natural. You do have to drink a whole glass of water with it, but not a problem. Of course when something new crops up I really think that a good check up is warranted to be sure it is not something else going on. I have been plagued with Gerd for years and finally found something that helps. Of course now I know it is the benzo's causing most of this tummy discomfort, but it has helped my Gerd. Best to you. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Thanks for all the good input.

I know benzo poison is causing the GI issues. It has gotten so severe, I finally went to my pdoc.

I have been terrified of aNY new meds or supplements since my Fluoroqinolone treatment, which was proceeded with cipro. I spent 6 weeks on those meds, I was out of my mind. And, they totally trashed my taper. I went from a stable 5.5, jumped up to 8 mg, and am now @ 6.25 mg of xanax.

It's harder now to cut, and the wd affects are more severe. There is a distinct increase in discomfort and sympyoms with each taper since that time. And, I never really get stable. Was getting along ok tapering before the cipro/Fluoroqinolone nightmare.

Will look into

D-limodene. I live in the remote rocky mountains on a ranch, and get most of my shopping on amazon. If you feel inclined, could you find the product on Amazon and pm me.

Thank you.

Thanks for all the good input.

I know benzo poison is causing the GI issues. It has gotten so severe, I finally went to my pdoc.

I have been terrified of aNY new meds or supplements since my Fluoroqinolone treatment, which was proceeded with cipro. I spent 6 weeks on those meds, I was out of my mind. And, they totally trashed my taper. I went from a stable 5.5, jumped up to 8 mg, and am now @ 6.25 mg of xanax.

It's harder now to cut, and the wd affects are more severe. There is a distinct increase in discomfort and sympyoms with each taper since that time. And, I never really get stable. Was getting along ok tapering before the cipro/Fluoroqinolone nightmare.

Will look into

D-limodene. I live in the remote rocky mountains on a ranch, and get most of my shopping on amazon. If you feel inclined, could you find the product on Amazon and pm me.

Thank you.

I am sorry but Amazon no longer carries this, but leaving the Swanson link, they have ties with Amazon. It is all natural and it has really helped me so much.

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/?DFA=1&UTM_Medium=PaidSearch&UTM_Source=GOOGLE&UTM_Campaign=SWAN_National_Gen_Search_Branded_Exact_Branded+General+Vitamins+General+-+Websites&UTM_Content=swanson+com&SourceCode=INTL1324& gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjKDh_cX52QIVjS-BCh0Rpg7YEAAYASAAEgLWdvD_BwE